• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bruins-Blackhawks Stanley Cup

Tall Paul

"insecure little bitch"
What your thoughts?

You know who I'm pulling for...

970212_559448150774505_1609343647_n.jpg

Showing some pride for the B's...

GO BRUINS!
WE WANT THE CUP!

Looks like the logo of the bruins in your grass is dying. Or at least will be soon ;)

I'm pulling for the B's. 

I was so happy they crushed the Pens.  The Pens play cheap hockey, do a lot of diving try to draw penalties.  The hockey media loves them.  During the post game talk on NBC, the three guys looked like their dog just died and were going to cry.  I was so effin tired of hearing these guys talking about Crosby and drinking his man juice all season.  I bet they still talk about their boyfriend during the cup.

This is not an original 6 stanley cup until Boston changes back to their 1920s jersey.

I thought this was Paul offering a 5er bet on the series...what a wuss :laugh:

IF Bruins wore their 1929 sweater, they would have won.

The Chicago Blackhawks beat the Boston Bruins 4-3 last night in triple overtime in Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals but it was NBC who really scored. Going from 8 PM to 1:08 AM ET, the game got a 4.8 overnight rating. That’s up 100% from the 2.4 overnight rating that last year’s Game 1 battled between the LA Kings and the New Jersey Devils received. Thursday’s result was also the best overnight rating for an NHL Stanley Cup Game 1 since the Detroit Red Wings and Philadelphia Flyers played in 1997. That Fox broadcast game got a 5.2 overnight rating.

Here are the top 5 markets from last night’s game:
1. Boston (28.1)
2. Chicago (25.1)
3. Providence (18.5)
4. Buffalo (8.5)
5. Milwaukee (6.1)

Good for hockey.  :thumbs: 

Growing up in Philly, I can't root for any Boston sports teams!!  Sorry TP/Doc  ???

Congrats to the BlackHawks and the Bruins for an intense series.

The Bruins were an excellent team.  They ran the cycle like no one else.  Once going, they became deadly.
They had plenty of missed opportunities.  The temp of the stadium made the puck bounce and worked against the home team.
No shortage of weapons on that team.

Between the 2010 and 2013, I think the Bruins were the tougher opponent than the Flyers.

After watching the Bruins score their second goal.  I had to shut off the TV for a while to relax.  Waited about 15 minutes and turned it back on with under 2 min to go.
The 6 on 5 goal can happen to any team.    The Kings scored a last second goal to go into OT in the previous series.  Then came the end.  Phew! It is all over.  Now I can relax.

I can't tell you how happy I am this morning. The Bruins were 76 second from forcing a game 7 and then tried to eat a chicken bone.

This series was an excellent way to finish the year for the NHL after a pretty crap season (the specter of the lockout).  Solid work by both teams and very entertaining for the fans.  Love the grit and heart hockey players demonstrate:  Bergeron playing with broken ribs, torn cartilage and separated shoulder -- Towes with a rung bell (concussion?) after the Boychuk hit and Hossa with leg numbness from a back injury.  IMHO, Crawford got gypped on the Conn Smythe.  He was a factor for the entire playoffs while Kane was pretty much absent for the first 2.5 series.

Doc and Paul are in therapy all day today. We won't be hearing from them anytime soon.

I wanted it to go to game 7 just because it was such a great series. Congrats to the Blackhawks. Now it's time for all the draft and trading rumors. Can't wait until October!

Imagine how hard it would have been to live with those Massholes for the net year! :sign:

There is so much going on in the Boston sports world it is unreal and almost funny that the Bruins loss in game 6 is clouded by everything else. All in all it was a great series and I am a very open minded Boston fan and can say the better team won and I applaud them and the Bruins for a great season. 

I also applaud the Blackhawks organization for their great gesture they made in the Boston Globe today. They paid for an entire page ad and this is what they had to say today on the day of their parade:

paper-thumb-609x926-106953.jpg

Excellent move,
Paul

As a former Cohasset resident, I believe Boston would have done the same had they won. It was six awesome hockey games