• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

BTL - $18.50

Newfie

Official Lancero Whore
I was in a shop in Detroit today and saw a full box of BTLs, but for this price??

They also had several boxes of Opus & Anejo and NONE were as expensive.

This is the first time I've seen the BTLs in a shop. Is it normal they're more than other Fuente premiums??

My B&M sells them for about 16 + tax. But then again, thats about how much each opus sells for there.

I am real lucky here, my local guy is usually right around MSRP on all his Fuente sticks. Opus are there very often, but the pisser of it all the Aneho are hard to come by.

I wish I could score a box of #50s. I snatch up the Opus whenever I go there and always hope for the others to be in. I guess for now I am stuck trading for them. Some day I'll get lucky.

That's not a bad price on BTLs. The avg price paid on Top25 is $18. They should be more than the Opus cause they're harder to find and more than the Anejo because they're a higher MSRP.

I want to say last time I saw them at my shop, they were in the $17 range and he sells everything at MSRP so I'm assuming that the MSRP had gone up. So the $18.50 is not out of line and if you like em, pick em up. I've seen these sell for double that and people buying them. They are much more rare than Opus and a hair more than Anejos. Again, I'm not a fan of these so I usually only pick one up every year when they have them in just for nostalgia's sake.
Hey AKmike, get the name from Newfire if his shop has Anejos and maybe you can score some G1

MSRP is $13.25. However, I have only seen them at that price in one place.

Sh*t I can't even find them around here, I would pay $18.50 all day. I have been able to score a couple of 5'ers and the price has averaged out to $20.00. :blush:

In terms of "Being able to find easiest", I say the order is Hemingway Maddies (including BTLs), Anejos, and then Opus.

Oh and my local shops usually sells BTLs at a fair price. Personally I don't think they are worth MSRP. The couple I had were not good at all.

Don't forget Michigan has something like 32 % tax on the wholesale price, plus 6 % sales tax. I was told the state collects the tax presale, so even if a stick is lost through damage of theft the state suffers no loss, just you and me paying the mark-up...and any shrinkage....

I want to say last time I saw them at my shop, they were in the $17 range and he sells everything at MSRP so I'm assuming that the MSRP had gone up.

Would that be Drapers, Georgetown Tobacco, or a shop over in Strasburg?

You know what, I was totally off. I was checking my records and it looks like the last one I bought was $14, the $17 I was thinking of was the UTS which were $16.85 to be exact. I have seen them at the 16-18 range though and I think if you've got to try one, its not a bad price being that they really only come out once a year.

My local is Drapers, luckily, I work 2 blocks from them. The BTL actually sit for a while (over a week on the counter) at Drapers because most of the people who shop there have had em, and don't really like em. Opus fly out almost as soon as they come in and Anejos take a little longer. NOTHING out in Strasburg, though there is a shop in Winchester, I've only been there once and it was fairly new at the time.

Interesting because it must depend from store to store but this past holiday season, they didn't get any maduro hemingways except the UTS, only a box of the BTL's, and 3 boxes total of Anejos. They usually get Opus in 3-4 times a year and Anejos maybe twice a year with the Hemingways(BTL, UTS, Maduro) only at Xmas time.

That's within the price range that I've seen them going for in the Philly area. Here, it's usually anywhere between $15 and $19.

Wait they had boxes of Anejos at MSRP? Umm...I'd like you to take a seat over there for me...
hansen_chris_2005_sm.jpg

If anyone does see boxes of Anejos at MSRP, please buy them and I will pay you for your gas, inconvenience, and the box itself.

Wait they had boxes of Anejos at MSRP? ....snip

Not sure who that was aimed at Boggs (maybe the quote from a Goalee post) but they sure as hell weren'y MSRP where I was:

OK, here's what I saw Saturday:
  • Opus Robusto - $15.95
  • Opus Perfecxion #2 - #17.95
  • Opus Petite Lancero - $14.95
  • Anejo 55 - $14.95
  • DCM Robusto # 5 - $10.95 (common around these parts)
  • DCM Toro #4 - $13.95 (again common, but pricey)
Except for the DCM's (which are about $1 over MSRP, I think) it's quite the mark-up on the Opus & Anejos.

Dude, I only know of 2 shops that I've even been to that have Anejos even hit the floor. Almost every shop has Opus that sit for awhile. I mean a couple weeks to get rid of a box. Heck, we even have a liquor store that has em always in stock. The Anejos, though, are impossible to get ahold of, unless you have a source :whistling:. I've never seen a BTL in a shop, though.

Hey Jim, just noticed that you're in Canada. Are Fuente's usually at MSRP? Wondering because last time I was up in Toronto, I thought the ISOM's were really high. That could possibly account for the slightly higher prices on the cigars. G1

Hey Jim, just noticed that you're in Canada. Are Fuente's usually at MSRP? Wondering because last time I was up in Toronto, I thought the ISOM's were really high. That could possibly account for the slightly higher prices on the cigars. G1

I wish a we had prices like that in Canada. Try $80+ for a single Opus. I believe he was in Detroit when he saw those sticks.

I would and have paid 20 bucks a stick for BTL. Not sure if I would pay that for a whole box, but just to have a few around it is worth it to me.

Those prices aren't all that bad Jim. A bit above MSRP, but taxes could easily have contributed to it.

Hey Jim, just noticed that you're in Canada. Are Fuente's usually at MSRP? ....snip

snip.... I believe he was in Detroit when he saw those sticks.

I would and have paid 20 bucks a stick for BTL. Not sure if I would pay that for a whole box, but just to have a few around it is worth it to me.

Those prices aren't all that bad Jim. A bit above MSRP, but taxes could easily have contributed to it.

Yeah Goalee. I see you and Drew got it worked out. I do the vast majority of my shopping in Detroit. I have done quite a bit in Virginia too as I'm there quite a bit for work.

Drew, if you want some, you know the routine but I can't guarantee they'll have any left next time I'm there. However, I've NEVER been to this shop without seeing at least 1 box of Anejos or Opus' there. Escalated pricing IMHO, but they're there.

As for the taxes affecting the MSRP, they always have DCMs there for ~$1 over MSRP, and the base price on those isn't that much less than BTLs, WOAM's, etc.