• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

BTL's

Good find on a whole box, but $500 is steep for a box of BTL's.

$400 and there might be some GB consideration. $500 and I'd rather just spring for some Co Mad 5s.

Edit: Thanks for sharing, though!

You can buy them for $500 on ebay too! :rolleyes: I have never seen these go for less than $400.

You can buy them for $500 on ebay too! :rolleyes: I have never seen these go for less than $400.

Wow your right about the prices on E-bay, just last week I found a guy selling Añejo Reserva #48s for around $25 dollars each. I know they are kinda rare but that's insane at almost triple MSRP ($ 8.75).

Glad we have the brothers here at CP to watch out for us.

*edit* to add MSRP value... I had to go look it up.

I bought a few at a B&M in Austin while on vacation a couple weeks ago for $16 a piece. That would come out to $400 a box if you bought them individually, but I'm sure they'd bring it down.
I think B&Ms in states with a lower tobacco tax could sell these just a shade under $400.

Place by my house sells them for 22.95 a stick, pre taxes, limit one.

You know, if I remember correctly, the Fuentes wanted us to report gougers to them... $573,75 for a box sounds like gouging to me.

I was at Davidus Cigars today in Md and they were selling all Opus and Anejo double MSRP I could not believe it. They also had all the Opus, Fuente and Promethius samplers for A LOT more than MSRP. When I questioned the guy he just said you have to pay a lot, for the best cigars in the world. I reported them last year to Fuente for the same shit and nothing has changed.

I was at Davidus Cigars today in Md and they were selling all Opus and Anejo double MSRP I could not believe it. They also had all the Opus, Fuente and Promethius samplers for A LOT more than MSRP. When I questioned the guy he just said you have to pay a lot, for the best cigars in the world. I reported them last year to Fuente for the same shit and nothing has changed.

I wouldn't expect them to change.....I hate that B&M chain. I'm in there wearing a pressed shirt, slacks, tie, and shined shoes and the owner/manager is in there asking why I'm taking so long...like I'm stealing or something. They gouge the hell out of the sticks from Fuente. I won't even enter their shops....same for a few other joints in MD.

Fuente does not care about clowns like these. I love the sticks Fuente puts out so I just locate the folks that have some integrity, but I woudn't expect Fuente to do anything about this. Never seen anyone (retailer) suffer from price gouging....and I guess you have the freedom to price em how you like as a retailer. As for me I just won't put any coin in their pockets.

I found this little gem on a archive from http://www.pipeandcigar.info/forum.html

The prices are fixed by the manufacturer, in this case Fuente. If you sell
for less than that, the manufacturer won't send you any more cigars. Period.
If you sell for more, well, he'll look the other way which is what Fuente
has been doing for years. The Fuente policy posted by others is accurate and
still in effect.
But it is flagrantly ignored by the manufacturer in the
case of gouging retailers.

So it seems that while they have a official policy regarding gougers, they don't follow it.

Oh well since so many (including myself) have drank from the Fuente Kool-aid it looks like they have decided they can get away with it. It is another reason we should be happy that there are so many other good cigars out there.

....all good reasons I won't "chase" HTF Fuente stuff anymore. I have a couple of good friends that are B&M's and I manage to get a few Opies and Anejo's here and there, but I pay retail or very close to retail for the smokes.

Consider the Padron family for a second. You can usually buy all the 80ths / 40ths / '26s / '64s your pocket book will tolerate. Rarely gouged. Easily available. Different, sure, but IMHO every bit as fine a smoke as the Fuente stuff. This Christmas, my neighbor and I retired to the back deck to watch the snow melt and we had 80ths with our evening beverage. As fine a smoke as you can imagine. I'm happy to patronizee the Padron family and have representitives of most every line of cigar they make in the cabinet. Can't say that about the Fuente products, not that they would care anyway...

One guys opinion - B.B.S.

....all good reasons I won't "chase" HTF Fuente stuff anymore. I have a couple of good friends that are B&M's and I manage to get a few Opies and Anejo's here and there, but I pay retail or very close to retail for the smokes.

Consider the Padron family for a second. You can usually buy all the 80ths / 40ths / '26s / '64s your pocket book will tolerate. Rarely gouged. Easily available. Different, sure, but IMHO every bit as fine a smoke as the Fuente stuff. This Christmas, my neighbor and I retired to the back deck to watch the snow melt and we had 80ths with our evening beverage. As fine a smoke as you can imagine. I'm happy to patronizee the Padron family and have representitives of most every line of cigar they make in the cabinet. Can't say that about the Fuente products, not that they would care anyway...

Oh I agree 100% :thumbs:

B.B.S That was a very good post, and makes a lot of sense. After reading that I thought to myself, you know what your right. The place that I go has all the padrons in stock, even the Pyramids for very reasonable MSRP. Those smokes are just as good if not better then some of the Fuentes. I too am done chasing down the HTF Fuentes. Although I still want to get an Opus x A, but not for the 65 the B&M by my house is selling them.

Oh I agree 100% :thumbs:

Shhhh... don't ruin a good thing. :laugh:

Although I still want to get an Opus x A, but not for the 65 the B&M by my house is selling them.

I was very underwhelmed by the one I had... but YMMV :)

Same here. It was just another Opus to me. Sure, it took a lot longer to smoke, but it didn't taste any different.

BBS,

I'm right there with you brother! I'll buy them so that BOTL on here have access to them, but I cannot afford to support gougers right now. I will gladly pay for a Padron, which is MUCH more accessible and in my opinion, tastes just as good (if not better)! Great post.

-Aaron