• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bud Ice

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
Was at the market last Friday night, and decided to check out the beer aisle. Picked up a tall can of Bud Ice. Went home, lit up a nice Opus X, and began drinking and smoking. Great combo btw. Anyway, I thought Bud Ice was a light beer. To my surprise, it's a pretty strong beer with a light taste. Has 5.5% alcohol. Not bad if you're looking for a refreshing beer with a kick. Slightly bitter taste. I'll stick with Bud Select as my regular everyday beer.

Like the beer, decent taste, good price. We are lucky in the Boston area, we have a brewery about 30 minutes away in Merrimack, NH. Paul :)

Was at the market last Friday night, and decided to check out the beer aisle. Picked up a tall can of Bud Ice. Went home, lit up a nice Opus X, and began drinking and smoking. Great combo btw. Anyway, I thought Bud Ice was a light beer. To my surprise, it's a pretty strong beer with a light taste. Has 5.5% alcohol. Not bad if you're looking for a refreshing beer with a kick. Slightly bitter taste. I'll stick with Bud Select as my regular everyday beer.

No offense Rod, but I would never pair such swill with such a great cigar.

After drinking craft beers and microbrewed goodness I cannot see how anyone would drink a massed produced watery belly killer....thats just me though.
Sam Adams is the only one I'd drink.I have had a heinikin and a becks if I had no other choice what so ever but thats where I draw the line.

Thanks for the review.

Drinking Bud Ice with an OpusX? :laugh: That's like having chocolate milk with caviar.

What you need is some GOOD beer. Granted, Budweiser's probably the most well-made cheap beer, if you like the taste of lagers, do yourself a favor, go down to the local liquor store, and look for some of these: Pilsner Urquelle (pretty common, some beer snobs might look down on it because of its wide availability and appeal, but it is a well-made lager nonetheless), the REAL Czech Budweiser (they can't sell it as Budweiser in most places in the US because of the trademark disputes, so you might see it bottled as Czechvar or Budvar), Samuel Smith's Lager (the regular and even the Organic variet) are suprizingly good for an English-made lager (Germans and Czechs are usually the owns brewing good lagers).

And that's just lagers. You're in for a real treat if you break out into the world of good ales, stouts, porters, Belgian abbey ales, and other delicious brews. Stouts and porters, also, are particularly well-suited to enjoying with a good cigar.

Try some of those out, you won't be disappointed :thumbs:

BP,

Thanks, I'll try some of the beers you suggested. I have had many micro-brews, yet for a cheap readily available beer, Bud Select is still my choice. I'll venture out this weekend and pick up some new ales. Usually go to Bev Mo (www.bevmo.com).

Rod

Drinking Bud Ice with an OpusX? :laugh: That's like having chocolate milk with caviar.

What you need is some GOOD beer. Granted, Budweiser's probably the most well-made cheap beer, if you like the taste of lagers, do yourself a favor, go down to the local liquor store, and look for some of these: Pilsner Urquelle (pretty common, some beer snobs might look down on it because of its wide availability and appeal, but it is a well-made lager nonetheless), the REAL Czech Budweiser (they can't sell it as Budweiser in most places in the US because of the trademark disputes, so you might see it bottled as Czechvar or Budvar), Samuel Smith's Lager (the regular and even the Organic variet) are suprizingly good for an English-made lager (Germans and Czechs are usually the owns brewing good lagers).

And that's just lagers. You're in for a real treat if you break out into the world of good ales, stouts, porters, Belgian abbey ales, and other delicious brews. Stouts and porters, also, are particularly well-suited to enjoying with a good cigar.

Good God, I miss living in that town! I never knew how lucky I was to have grown up there and had access to all that Bloomington has to offer. It didn't seem like much at the time, but to be able to find just about anything you could want in a town that size is absolutely amazing.

I used to work at the Big Red on Walnut ST. There's nothing like that here...:(

Good God, I miss living in that town! I never knew how lucky I was to have grown up there and had access to all that Bloomington has to offer. It didn't seem like much at the time, but to be able to find just about anything you could want in a town that size is absolutely amazing.

I used to work at the Big Red on Walnut ST. There's nothing like that here...:(

I LOVE that store! Next year, I'll probably end up moving to Indianapolis for a job and I'm praying I can find a liquor store half as good as that one. Un-frickin'-believable selection of beer, wine, and spirits.

C'mon Rod, enough of the Bud-praising already. Go get yourself a Peroni Nastro Azzuro beer from Italy!