• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Buena Vista's On Sale Again

Maybe I'm cheap or desperate, but I did something I never do yesterday and relit a day old nub, the BV. It was remarkably good given the situation. Of course I was very careful and patient on the relight.

Cant believe I remembered my password.....hope everyone at CP has been well.

I haven't posted in forever, but doesn't mean I dont lurk and dont know a good deal when I see one.

But I wanted to share some info I found about regarding the "one band" BV EL 08s.

I have ordered these a couple of times and ordered during their last special. I too received the 'one band' cigars. Also the packaging was different. No cedar insert and paper with the blend story. So I reached out to customer service to ask them what the deal was.

Long story short, after many customer service "chats" and excuses (why dont companies let you call them any more) with CSRs who probably dont know a cigar from a cigarette, one of their in-house merchants/tobacconists emailed and called me.

He really took the time to look into this and even spoke with buyer who bought the remaining inventory from the factory.

Apparently when BV knew they were closing their doors (at the time) and they were liquidating their inventory to Field Supply/CigarPage, they did not have enough of the bands and packaging for the cigars they were liquidating. And knowing they were liquidating the inventory, they werent going to invest more retail packaging. So the used the different single band to finish off the cigars they had in stock. They also stopped including the inserts in the boxes. The rep also told me some of the remaining inventory do not have the outer cardboard box either (my boxes did have them).

He did confirm they the same cigar and the same blend. Which validates Caesar's experience. Depending on the size you order, you may get the 'double band' packaging or the 'single band' packaging. But again, the cigars are the same and from the BV EL 08s batch(es) people here have been enjoying.

I have not smoked one, but will soon. I also have a few with 'double bands' left to compare.....

Well that's all I've got....who knows maybe I stick around and stay logged on......

For a cigar this good, I'm really surprised no other manufacturer purchased the rights/blend, or even the entire company. This really is an excellent cigar. It's a shame they had to go out of business.