• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Buffalo Trace Antique Collection

chiefmd

Bone Fixer
How did I not know that William Larue Weller is such a delicious bourbon?? On the nose it smells similar to other bourbons but you can tell it has some depth to it. On the palate it goes on smooth with caramel and other fruity undertones and then bam...it hits you with the right amount of spice. It has even more depth than that but my newb palate just tells me this is great stuff.

Definitely a bourbon worth trying!

I love me some BT.....

I've seen a few bottles of the new batch for sale overseas already so it should be showing up here soon if not now. Not at my store yet, they said 2 more weeks but I check every other day now :)

Anyone know if they sell BTAC in ohio? Or am I going to have to do some bootlegging this year?

I have really enjoyed the two different BTAC bourbon's I have tried. This one and Stagg although I have to admit the price seems a little steep to me for bourbon. Oddly enough Pappy 20 at around $100 seems like a better deal to me. To each his own I suppose.

Edited to add: I saw last week where Jim Murray rated this the 2nd best whiskey of the year for 2011. Thomas H Handy Sazerac took 1st place and Ballantine's 17 yr old took 3rd. He seems to rank the B-17 year way up there every year which prompted me to order a bottle.

Costco in Houston got some in this week, but someone picked up the whole lot the same day.

Damn. Well maybe Specs will get some soon. I am going to go check at the main one in Houston tomorrow.

Still waiting for them to pop their elusive heads up as well. I am only planning on buying the GTS and WLW but, if I get shut out on those, I will grab whatever I can get.

Good Luck All!!!

The weller is the best out of the collection IMHO this year! Eagle rare 17 is close behind! I got a bottle of ER17, 2 Wellers and 2 stags.

A store about 20 miles away has stock but they are $15 a bottle more then I paid last year. I'm still waiting on my normal supplier. Maybe tomorrow.

Argh, I just checked my local yesterday and they said they are not due into them until the second week of Nov. Sounds late to me. But we always seem to get shipments slow over here.

I've moved from bad to worse with liquor selection. I was told there was 6 bottles total shipped to Ohio, last year.

If anyone sees an extra bottle of Weller and/or Saz, let me know.

I'm not sure if I'm happy or not. My guy came through but at a 20% increase over last year. After checking around more it seems that my $62 bottles are a thing of the past and the going rate is $77-85 each now. I can only see it going up. :(

$75-80 is what I've seen them down here, of course I haven't seen any this year yet...