• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bundle Cigars.

Flaherty582

Lets face it. We all have those bundle cigars we go to for times when we are working in the yard, fishing, and even playing golf. It's that cheap stick you can leave on the green, drop in the water, or run over with the lawnmower and not care because you only spent $2 on it. So the question is.. What's your bundle stick of choice?

I used to buy bundles of Tampa Sweethearts, but can't remember which one.

For yard work it's almost always a Padron 2000 Maduro.  I like a smaller cigar when I'm fishing; something like a La Flor Dominicana Carajos or an Arturo Fuente Exquisitos.  

Devil's Weed for me.  They changed the blend about a year or two ago, but I still like them for what they are (or, I've just gotten used to them).  Apparently the Puros Indios Reserva Maxima '03 is now a bundle, rather than a box, and I like the maduro -- but don't care the least for the natural.  I also prefer the '02 over the '03, but haven't found the '02 since I finished off the box I had that a buddy sent me when he was in Honduras.  

I like the Devil's Weed. I have several bundles, so am not familiar with the reblend that Kann mentioned. I also like Sancho Panzas for an inexpensive smoke.

JackImpact said:

I used to buy bundles of Tampa Sweethearts, but can't remember which one.

Same! The maduro 500s? Cant remember. 

LMAO....I sure can't remember which ones you guys used to buy, either..... :p

I like Jose Piedra Brevas when I can get them---Cuban machine rolls at about a dollar a stick.  Great for dogwalking and yardwork and camping.

~Boar

MadMonk said:
I like the Devil's Weed. I have several bundles, so am not familiar with the reblend that Kann mentioned. I also like Sancho Panzas for an inexpensive smoke.

CI had them on sale for $19.99 a bundle a year or two'ish ago and I picked up a bunch then.  They were different in taste and wrapper shade than previous bundles I had gotten through CI.  I haven't purchased any since then, so I'm not sure if anything has changed again or if maybe it was just a CI thing.  They are still my go-to yard smoke, though.  

kann said:
Devil's Weed for me.  They changed the blend about a year or two ago, but I still like them for what they are (or, I've just gotten used to them).  Apparently the Puros Indios Reserva Maxima '03 is now a bundle, rather than a box, and I like the maduro -- but don't care the least for the natural.  I also prefer the '02 over the '03, but haven't found the '02 since I finished off the box I had that a buddy sent me when he was in Honduras.  
Yep the latest Indios Reserva Maxima '03 I bought were bundles. The maduro is a fine beeswax sweet, lightly dry and spicy smoke. The only problem I have with them is that they are bunched poorly and tend to be soft and tunnel and burn a bit hot. Even considering this flaw they are worth the $30/bundle.

-Edit- SP

I haven't heard much about the Consuegras in a while.  I haven't had one in a LOOONGG time until someone handed me one after a sales conference.  Not a bad little buck a stick stoogie.

I loved the old JFRs years ago, and they were a steal.

OpusXKC said:

Yep the latest Indios Reserva Maxima '03 I bought were bundles. The maduro is a fine beeswax sweet, lightly dry and spicy smoke. The only problem I have with them is that they are bunched poorly and tend to be soft and tunnel and burn a bit hot. Even considering this flaw they are worth the $30/bundle.

-Edit- SP

I will definitely agree on the soft and poor bunching.  However, they have mostly all burned pretty evenly for me.  The draw can be inconsistent at times, though.  I need to order another batch, but with only a few weeks left here I might as well wait until I have a fixed address again rather than chance missing them if the mail is unusually (but not unheard of) slow for some reason.  

Almost always a Padron 2000/3000 maduro or natural. I try to keep a few of each ready to go all the time.

Speaking of that does anyone have any recommendations of online retailers that have a box of these for a decent price? I'm still trying to figure out which retailers to go with in general.

ltjackson said:
Almost always a Padron 2000/3000 maduro or natural. I try to keep a few of each ready to go all the time.

Speaking of that does anyone have any recommendations of online retailers that have a box of these for a decent price? I'm still trying to figure out which retailers to go with in general.
Look in the Retailer Forum and hit up Keystones Padron order thread. You won't be disappointed.