• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Butchcole - Bad Trader Alert!

I think Floyd beat you to it. Look up 3 posts.

yeah..... saw that..... figured I would give it a shot also

Also I think you are right..... Gonz should call

Gonz, sorry to hear about the problem. Hope it gets sorted out amicably. Have you called him? Either at home (his number is on-line) or at work?

I was the member that emailed Butch yesterday. I have done three separate transactions with him and all went very well. He also uses me as a reference in his profile. Gonz gave him a lot of leeway in this one...over three weeks worth. I would have loved to have helped Butch out, but he's got to own up to this one. Late is late...get it done.

This asshat should own up to his part of the deal, period.
Gonz has fulfilled his end, and given way too much time to fulfill the buyer end of the deal (just goes to show you what an outstanding BOTL Andy is).

I hope it all works out in the end, I hate when a trade goes bad. It always ends up bad for both ends, one is outed(rightfully) the other stiffed on money. I hope he comes through on this deal. But too long in my opinion, post offices are everywhere.

I e-mailed one of the other guys on the list at the website. somebobody named Brendhan

I was looking to get in touch with Butch Cole. I keep sending e-mails
to this location, this was the e-mail I was given, but it keeps being
denied.

Is there another e-mail I can use to get in touch with him.

Thanks,

This is the response I got:

Tommy,

Butch is on vacation this week but his email address is
bcole@stratosmag.com. Let me know if you are still unable to reach him.
Thanks.

I hope this helps you out Gonz.....

This should be interesting to watch. I'm not sure how these folks take to bad traders, but I'm not expecting much since it's my first post and I'm calling out one of their members. We probably wouldn't take kindly to it here, but I'd like to think that we at least have the common sense to take a look at the situation and see if we ought to be aware.

heard of mooching but this takes the case. sorry bout your luck bro

Just something to think about. you shipped via USPS and he has defrauded you of your money does that constitute mail fraud? If so thats a felony

Your first reply at HP says:

OrdnryAvgGuy HP Member said:
Helluva 1st post.

I'm not quite sure how to comment.....good, bad or indifferent.

bcole last posted on 05/17/06. Maybe if one of the HP guys knows him, they could pressure him a little for ya.

Welcome to HP.

C'mon guys? Mail fraud, felony? I have never ever been late with anything EVER except for this transaction and I am more than a bit embarrassed but that doesn't make it any better. I have been out of town for the better part of four weeks and my computer crashed. As soon as I got back I sent the MO. the number is 0306 0320 0000 7897 3727 for those of you (which appearently is most of you) scoring at home. As far as disrespectful goes, this was an honest mistake. Gonz does have every right to be pissed and the guys that stood up for me and know me as a good guy I truly appreciate it. As for the rest that cannot wait for someone to make a mistake so they can jump on the bandwagon, not knowing anything, get your own lives. For someone to rant and send in 10 to 15 lines on someone you don't even know in very "high schoolish" and it is nit picky, quilting bee, female crap!
Again, Gonz has every right to be mad but it was not malicious at all. Maybe even a bit absent minded and even a dumbass move but not sneaky or cheap!

I'll be the first to apologize to Gonz, my bad, my mistake. The rest of you (except the guys who had my back & know I wouldn't rip of ANYONE) go find someone else to chit chat about, this deal is over!

Butch - gotta be honest - I don't know you from Adam - but your venemous response to people who are concerned as a community about Andy getting his money seems a bit over the top... No one knew your intentions or your situation - there was no communication. Had their been, this thread wouldn't have gone the way it did.

A simple "I'm sorry" would have smoothed things over VERY nicely... ;)

Wrong answer butch, this is a community, a brotherhood. We all watch out for one another. "I have been out of town for the better part of four weeks and my computer crashed. As soon as I got back I sent the MO." You were able to pm Gonz to explain that your computer had crashed the week after the crash, you were certainly able to keep in touch with him and let him know what he could expect. Instead, you told him more than once that you were sending the MO out right away. Mail Fraud? No. Disrespectful? Yes.

**edited for punctuation**

Somebody else will have to stomp a mudhole in this jerk. I'm busy. I did notice a preponderance of "U's" and a dearth of "I's" in his name.

NA

I can relate to bein' out of town and havin' computer problems. I was away on business just last week. So, your computer crashed. That sucks...but it's far from being a problem unresolvable in four weeks' time.

In my case, I couldn't VPN over WiFi due to lack of bandwidth, so I trotted myself down to Kinko's and plugged into a hard line for $0.10 per minute. If a Kinko's hadn't been right down the road, some other Internet Kiosk would've been nearby.

Folks here rant because things like reputation, ethics, and timeliness matter a great deal in a trading community like this one. Without them, it's difficult to trade with confidence. Public disapproval, rants, scoldings, and such are a way for the community to police itself.

That the deal is done, is good news. Were it me though, I'd take my lumps for screwin' the pooch for damn near a month even if a few of the comments were uninformed or over the top.

Bottom line is Gonz had to call you out and waste his time to collect what was due to him. You lost all the credibility you had with everyone here who vouched for you and now you want to say it's everyone else's fault. Bad move just say I messed up and leave it at that.

Bottom line is Gonz had to call you out and waste his time to collect what was due to him. You lost all the credibility you had with everyone here who vouched for you and now you want to say it's everyone else's fault. Bad move just say I messed up and leave it at that.

Tone speaks the truth. Noone should have to hound another person to make good on their promise to send their end. Hell I've got a package that's out and I keep talking to the other guy EVERYDAY to check if he received his package because I know how notoriously slow our canadian mail service is sometimes. It's called being proactive and caring about what you're doing, something which you seem not to have done in this case.

How a man reacts to a bad deal says more about the man than the deal gone bad...

Like I said before, I owed Gonz and apology and an MO, he has both. We have it behind us now.
Just really don't like being raked by people I don't know. Took it a little to heart ,especially since this is the first time I have ever been even one day late with anything.

Gonz, again, public apology, You were right to be pissed, my bad on this end.

I should have never taken a deal in the first place when I had such a short turn around. You are a good guy, but I'm not a bad guy, just ADHD, travel too much and freaking covered up.

For the rest of you, looking back you were looking out for your boy. Just like a few people did for me!

I can assure you this will be the only and last time you see my name on the BAD Trader side of this site. I'm sure you are all good guys! I get a little mad when things are just re-hashed, again & again and I'm called names by people who really don't know me. Look on any site and ask, this is my Feaux paux and again I'll take FULL responsibility.

Keep Smokin' and keep it at 70%.

Butch