• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Butter from heavy cream?

Nate1977

UNIMPEACH CHAD
So I had some heavy cream that was getting ready to go bad. So I looked up how to use it up, and butter was one of the things that came up, so I looked up how to make it a blender.

Blend on high until it seperates

Drian the buttermilk off

Cover butter with cold water pulse for 30-60 seconds , drain repeat.

Last step say put butter in cheesecloth , this is where I ran into problems.

So I put in cheese cloth tryed rinsing under water well it just squished out of the cheesecloth?

How are you supposed to rinse and squish around under tap water if it just pushes out of the cloth?

Anyone tried this before ?@Nihon_Ni @jfields ?

So I had some heavy cream that was getting ready to go bad. So I looked up how to use it up, and butter was one of the things that came up, so I looked up how to make it a blender.

Blend on high until it seperates

Drian the buttermilk off

Cover butter with cold water pulse for 30-60 seconds , drain repeat.

Last step say put butter in cheesecloth , this is where I ran into problems.

So I put in cheese cloth tryed rinsing under water well it just squished out of the cheesecloth?

How are you supposed to rinse and squish around under tap water if it just pushes out of the cloth?

Anyone tried this before ?@Nihon_Ni @jfields ?
It may have been too warm still, or not quite separated enough yet Nate. If it’s not too late, try putting it in the fridge for a spell and try again.

Stupid question…. Did you drain off the cold water you put on top before you put it in the cheesecloth?

It may have been too warm still, or not quite separated enough yet Nate. If it’s not too late, try putting it in the fridge for a spell and try again.

Stupid question…. Did you drain off the cold water you put on top before you put it in the cheesecloth?
Yea , drained water off, have it sitting in fridge now. Was gonna let it go over night?

It seperated then got super thick maybe I went to far?
Yep! I was going to say don’t let it sit in the fridge overnight. Also, I would try it fresh as an experiment. Sometimes cream that’s on the verge of going sour acts “differently”.

I've never used cold water personally. Just put it in the KitchenAid and beat until it separates. Pour off the liquid and press it into an old cream cheese container. I've got some honey butter and garlic herb we're using right now. When I tried the blender one time it got too hot, so sounds like you had better luck than me.

Yep! I was going to say don’t let it sit in the fridge overnight. Also, I would try it fresh as an experiment. Sometimes cream that’s on the verge of going sour acts “differently”.
Ok

I've never used cold water personally. Just put it in the KitchenAid and beat until it separates. Pour off the liquid and press it into an old cream cheese container. I've got some honey butter and garlic herb we're using right now. When I tried the blender one time it got too hot, so sounds like you had better luck than me.
So you don't rinse it?

Don't have a kitchenaid yet, but looking at them.
Can't decide between the pro 6 or the proline 7

Ok

So you don't rinse it?

Don't have a kitchenaid yet, but looking at them.
Can't decide between the pro 6 or the proline 7
No. I thought that was weird myself, but hey I don’t know everything.

Yeah, I've never rinsed it. I've found people on the Internet tend to want to make things more difficult than they need to be. Maintaining a sourdough starter is the same way.

Maybe since it was about to spoil, there were already bacteria present that prevented the desired outcome? I’m no expert, but I’m pretty confident that dairies use the freshest cream possible when producing butter. Maybe not?