• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

buttery and smooth cigar

chewbacco

darkside looks appealing...
Read something about the Aurora 100 Anos being a rich, oily cigar...but buttery?

Has anyone had a cigar with buttery notes?

Rich, I can understand...I'm just trying to understand such a concept.

By the way, how is the Aurora 100 Anos (the cigar with the Lion on the band).

....PAN64 torp. Now, as rich and smooth as that was, you could perhaps find 'buttery' in there. It was an < amazing > smoke..... :thumbs:

Cheers - B.B.S.

This may seem obvious, but the Mantequilla naturals line comes pretty close. The name actually means 'butter' in Spanish, and I believe they fiddled with the blend until they got that quality.

Caveat: a nice one time smoke, wouldn't make it as a regular in my line-up, too mild.

ooooh...nice to know about the PAN64 and the Mantequilla.

Who makes the Mantequilla?

Or what of Mantequilla's line-up should I try?

I have still yet to try a PAN64.
I just tried a PAM64 Torp...man was it a smooth smoke.
And great-tasting too!

knightlaird,

thanks for the tip!

I will definitely check this one out.

I agree that the Mantequilla is buttery, and in fact that's what I believe the name means. I'd also give the Fonseca nats a try, they have buttery notes to me. :)

Butera's are pretty close to buttery IIRC.

Also, an ERdM Choix Supreme with a few years on it sometimes comes across as tasting like a buttered dinner roll to me.

But as weird as this sounds...I had an ISOM Cohiba Espendido that had a very buttery taste and finish. I liked it.

-Fetter

fetterjohn said:
But as weird as this sounds...I had an ISOM Cohiba Espendido that had a very buttery taste and finish. I liked it.

-Fetter
[snapback]240310[/snapback]​

A tobacco rep of mine said that this is because they roll Esplendidos in hot butter like corn on the cob... gives it that buttery taste.

What?

Hey...

Don't look at me like that!! :) :)

hahahaha...
I'm still laughing about the quick response to the Buttery blends...

While I'm on the subject of Gary, and his shop WAAAAY out there in Yankee territory..
You guys that haven't visited his site, and actually gone through the process of ordering from him just can't imagine the degree of personal attention, and customer service he gives.
I know, this is a shameless plug for Cigar-ette City... but, when someone is that willing to do whatever it takes to make the customer happy, I think people OUGHT to brag about it. We're awfully quick to spread the word about the BAD shops and sites.. I'd like to see us do the same for the GOOD ones. And Gary's place is most definitely one of the good ones.
His response to the "buttery" request should tell you how he feels about responding to his customers' requests.
and the prices are not hard to take, at all. :laugh:
So.. do yourselves a favor.. check him out... www.cigar-ettecity.com if I remember correctly
I give him "two thumbs up" :thumbs:

moki said:
fetterjohn said:
But as weird as this sounds...I had an ISOM Cohiba Espendido that had a very buttery taste and finish.  I liked it.

-Fetter

A tobacco rep of mine said that this is because they roll Esplendidos in hot butter like corn on the cob... gives it that buttery taste.

What?

Hey...

[snapback]240327[/snapback]​

I heard that Padron is coming out with a "Movie-style Butter" smoke.
..and for those on a diet, they will have the butter-free spray-PAM version. :whistling:

moki said:
fetterjohn said:
But as weird as this sounds...I had an ISOM Cohiba Espendido that had a very buttery taste and finish.  I liked it.

-Fetter

What?

Hey...

[snapback]240327[/snapback]​

Don't start this $hit again!!! :laugh: It's over...

-Fetter :whistling:

fetterjohn said:
Don't start this $hit again!!! :laugh: It's over...

[snapback]240341[/snapback]​

bwahahaha :)

moki said:
fetterjohn said:
Don't start this $hit again!!! :laugh:  It's over...

[snapback]240341[/snapback]​

bwahahaha :)
[snapback]240342[/snapback]​

Why? I really enjoyed the Partagas Series P Kettlecorn. It had the salt of an opus with the butteryness of a PAN. Wonderful!