• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Buying Cubans in CUBA?

JohnnyBlazini

When going to Cuba, how does it work?

Can you buy Cubans anywhere and get a great price? Should one shop around?
How much will cigars cost? A box of Montecristo No.1 for exemple... Are all brands much cheaper?

How many boxes is one allowed to bring back (to canada)?

Any stories? Any tips?

Thanks...

Believe it or not, there are a lot of fakes in Cuba. I'd go to a reputable store like LCDH or a reputable store one of these guys reccomends. :thumbs:

Can you buy Cubans anywhere and get a great price?
I think slave trading is illegal in Cuba or were you talking about "working girls" ???
:sign:

Working girls you say... Well... We have those available here...

But, Our lovely Canadian government has deemed tobacco to be 'evil,' and being the great protecting mother that it is has decided to tax cigars over 300%... The prostitution industry hasen't suffered the same fate... So, to recap, I need cigar info...

Thanks

buying smokes in cuba is such fun...

prices are the same at every lcdh(government prices) and higher by a bit at the hotel cigar shops , convenience stores etc. yes there are lots of fakes for sale on the streets.

i do lots of "shopping around"...mostly looking for smokes with age(in my size)...it is not that hard to find cigars with 5 or 6 or 7 years of age if you get away from the robusto/churchill/pyramid sizes.

have not been since the price rise in may...a friend in havana sent me some prices...monty#1-154$.
cheaper than canada...everywhere is cheaper than canada

you may return with 50 cigars for every person over 18 years .you can bring back more and pay duty(on the lower priced smokes)...max of 8 boxes(6 over your limit) then you are considered a retailer and different rules apply.

lots of stories but i dont want to put ya to sleep.
tip:dont buy anything for the first couple of days...just "shop around" or you will have all the smokes you are allowed and find something you realllllly like the very next day.

derrek :)

I think this also applies. I read on cw that a guy went to cuba and told the girl to look for the old smokes. Well she pulled them out and rang them up with the old price tag. Yes that's right...whatever price is on the box, well that's what you pay. :thumbs:

So I should expect to pay about 25percent less than if i was buying cubans in say, europe? Thanks a lot for the info....

Btw, Stories woulden't bore me...

JohnnyBlazini said:
So I should expect to pay about 25percent less than if i was buying cubans in say, europe? Thanks a lot for the info....

Btw, Stories woulden't bore me...
go to this link to check what you will pay - most of the prices are the new updated prices.

http://www.habanosdecuba.cu/home.asp?l=en

Note - this is not an online vendor. It is the website of a chain in Cuba (government). You cannot order and get them delivered. You have to pickup in person.

You can also go directly to the factories and buy. They sometimes have "limited" selections that are only available at the fatories. Also go for a tour of one (if you can). You can buy smokes from the rollers for $1USD a piece. A Monte A or Esplendido for a buck.