• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Buying new tires.

They weren't bald when I took them off. Like I said I probably could have put another 5K -7.5K on them before they wouldn't be legal any more. Given the medicore performance when new I figured hydroplaning was going to become an issue soon. I found a good price with a rebate on replacements and took it.

A lot of what is called all seasons today would really better be described as 3 seasons. I'm refering to low profile, high performance all seasons. All my previous cars didn't have the low profile tires and the all seasons were more than adequate for winter use. Our last 2 cars have low profile, high performance tires on them and running the all seasons in winter is borderline dangerous. They've trades better 3 season performance for worse winter performance. Now not only are the all seasons more expensive, but you've got the added cost of snows as well. I can't say that I ever notices bad summer performance on my previous vehicles without the high performance tires on them. I guess it depends on how you drive and what's important to you which is better.

I've been running Goodyear Eagle F1 All Seasons on my 750i here in Detroit. They do moderately well in the winter... to the point that i haven't even bothered putting on my snow rims/tires since going to the goodyears from the horrid Michelin OEMs. They are pretty solid during warm months, too.

And here I thought this was a boring thread about tires and missed all the fun :(