• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Buying Opus X cigars online.

airstrike082

Hey, guys I'm new here and still fairly new at cigars so I coming to you guys for some wisdom on where to buy Opus X's online since they're so hard to come across. Also, after doing some reading online I've heard about some not so trust worthy sites so I would love to hear if you guys can help me out. Thanks!

airstrike082 said:
Hey, guys I'm new here and still fairly new at cigars so I coming to you guys for some wisdom on where to buy Opus X's online since they're so hard to come across. Also, after doing some reading online I've heard about some not so trust worthy sites so I would love to hear if you guys can help me out. Thanks!

Hi airstrike, there are plenty of people on this site who can help you out with that question.  Cigar Pass is a community with a very deep knowledge base but we ask new members take a moment to introduce themselves over in the intros forum before we get on to anything else.  http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/forum/34-introduce-yourself-here/ .  Its kind of an old fashioned courtesy thing that we've taken from real life and applied to this digital forum.   As far as buying online, your best resource is forum members at sites like this one; if you establish yourself as a trustworthy and generally cool person, then you will see some deals and opportunities that cannot be beat anywhere at any time.  Welcome!

The best thing to do is to establish yourself before you start asking questions like this. Eventually you will find out who knows what about the lines you like through just reading and researching old posts. God's luck in your search. I got nothing on that.

And.....you will probably meet Arturo Fuente Jr.  A great host.

We have a few respected vendors here who would be happy to assist you.

Get out of the basement and find a good B&M in your area, you'll be glad you did.

bfreebern said:
Somewhat new to cigars and you're asking about Opus? 

Aye, that was going to be my question.  If you're fairly new to cigars, then Opus probably shouldn't even be on the menu.

bfreebern said:
Somewhat new to cigars and you're asking about Opus? 

.....ding ding ding!

-------------------

But seriously...all the old timers login to lounge.cigarfamily.com on Friday.

Pop in over there and they'll be glad to help.

They are 'Fuente' after all...right, Stump?

Being as you are in Tampa, you may already be aware.

kona1000 said:
What cigars are newbies suppose to be into?
Fresh Cohiba that an inlaw sourced thru a cousin who works at the factory?

On a more serious note Kid and the guys gave you good advice. This place is awesome take the time and you'll be suprised by the community.

Haha thanks guys, I appreciate it. My whole thinking process was getting them and letting them age since I've heard thats when at their best and during that time I'll be a little bit more of a pro at cigars when its time to light em up. 

airstrike082 said:
Haha thanks guys, I appreciate it. My whole thinking process was getting them and letting them age since I've heard thats when at their best and during that time I'll be a little bit more of a pro at cigars when its time to light em up. 

Not saying you're doing it wrong, but you're new to cigars.  Find what you enjoy, by trying out a lot of cigars.  Worry about finding the Hard to Find cigars later, after you have more experience.  Participate in the Newbie Sampler here on Cigar Pass, you never know what you might receive in return.

bfreebern said:

Not saying you're doing it wrong, but you're new to cigars.  Find what you enjoy, by trying out a lot of cigars.  Worry about finding the Hard to Find cigars later, after you have more experience.  Participate in the Newbie Sampler here on Cigar Pass, you never know what you might receive in return.

Great advice Brandon!

bfreebern said:

Best advice in the thread so far.  I'm "on deck" and rarin' to go.

What a bunch of dicks around here. The guy ask for Opus sources and you give him shit for it. You should ALL be ashamed of yourselves!!!

I would find other cigars you like first. Opus is great but not easy to get. I hang out at my b&m and when they get a shipment I will buy as many as I can. I walked in the other day and he pulled a few out of the back for me. Spend money they will take care of you. But I smoke others. Go to a cigar shop tell them what you like and they should give you some great sticks. I always ask what the guys are smoking at every b&m I go to.