• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Buying our first house!

Herf at Tiger's house!!!

Congrats! Very nice house, and that back porch and deck...just WOW!

My wife and I plan on moving south in the next year or two. Myrtle Beach area. I hope we find something close to that.

If you guys wanna fly in from all over the country and have a herf, something can be arranged. Lol

Thanks for the compliments folks. We can't wait to move in!

BornaTiger said:
We are about 1 1/2 months from closing. Its a little further out in the country on a quiet road. 2 acres and very well maintained. This isn't my first home buying experience but its our first. Very excited for her and our son. He will get to go through the ins and outs of owning a home, which I think is a good thing. Just thought I would share the good news. Oh yeah, it has a huge covered back porch addition that I will be able to enjoy my cigars on. No matter the weather. :D
Congratulations! Nothing can compare with the excitement of moving into a new home even if the house isn’t brand new. It’s a huge commitment but it’s one of the smartest investments you’ll ever make. Property usually only goes up. This real estate bubble isn’t something that is very common and I think you’re buying at a perfect time. A real estate man I recently talked to told me that we are at the beginning of a 7 year cycle and this is the low end.  Many people say that real estate goes in 7 year cycles but either way I think you made a smart choice. And where you are going to be living is the envy of many people including myself. I wish you and your family well. Although your house payment may seem high right now, in a few years it will seem cheap. Cheers!
Dennis

BornaTiger said:
After 2 years of discussion and contemplation. We realized that, for us to build the house we want, we have to buy a starter house and live in it for about 5-10 years. We own 10 acres of beautiful country land that we will build on when the time is right. So we searched for something that was a decent size for us and was in a quiet neighborhood and it had to be in pretty good shape. We found it and we pulled the trigger. 16 years old, one owner, most everything is brand new except the counter tops. The only thing it doesn't have is a garage (which was my must have). The ol' lady said I could wait till we build our own. :( I forgot about the garage when I saw the back porch! :D We are in the underwriter phase now. 3bdr/2bth, split floor plan, 1700sqft. I wish I had a pic from the road. It sits far back on the property and really looks good from there.
Anyways.Here's are the pics.

Really? This is a starter house? I think it's a beautiful house. This doesn't look like some starter house to me. You have a great start with lots of land. Maybe you can just add a garage and live in this fine house. May I ask where this is?

That thought has definitely crossed my mind but it would be tough with the way the house is situated on the land. Its in Harris County Georgia.

Update: We moved in on the 21st. That night a bad storm came through and lighting struck close to the house. It fried all the low voltage hvac wiring. Call the home warranty company and they don't cover acts of god. Crock of shit. $400 later, all is well. I had the direct tv guy run a line to my back porch. I have already had 2 gameday parties out there. Its awesome!

Home warranties aren't worth much. That sucks about shelling out the money but $400 is kind of cheap so you lucked out

Congrats. We just signed for a new place last Friday and hope to have keys by Thursday or Friday.

Nice place, I like the ceilings. I may do something like this in my new house after we are moved in. Where it is recessed like that and have some kind of back lighting up in them so that it glows around the recess. If you know what I mean..... Beautiful place. Congrats AGAIN!

Nice place . . . love that porch!  Congrats!