• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cabaiguan Robusto Extra

Aventinus

Cigar: Cabaiguan Robusto Extra
Size: 5.25x50
Wrapper: Connecticut-Ecuador
Binder: Nicaraguan
Filler: Nicaraguan

IMG_0318.jpg

I received this in a trade with Smellysell (Thanks, Justin). It finally stopped raining in Kansas long enough to get a cigar in this evening.
Smoked with a glass of Greg Norman Shiraz while listening to firecrackers going off, punctuated by the occasional loud explosion!

Light tan wrapper with a few veins and a triple cap. The foot was a little dinged. It had a woodsy aroma.
Prelight draw had a decent resistance. The stick gave off plenty of smoke. Mild side of medium bodied.
It started off with a little spice.

IMG_0319.jpg

The spiciness faded after a couple of inches. It smoothed out into a more nutty, toasty flavor.
There was a slight harsh flavor in the background. But the flavor was pretty consistent the rest of the way.
Burned straight all the way.
Overall, I would say a decent smoke, although I found myself getting a little bored with it towards the end.
I think it would make a good daytime smoke. This is my first experience with the brand.
Thanks again Justin, I'm glad I got a chance to try it.

Thanks for the review - nicely done! I actually had this cigar in my hands yesterday but then once again, put it back and picked up somthing else. I keep meaning to try this stick (as I'm a huge Pepin fan), but comments and reviews such as the statement you made below, just haven't gotten me excited enough to try it yet. I'll get to it one day, however, at its price point there is so much else out there.

Overall, I would say a decent smoke, although I found myself getting a little bored with it towards the end.
I think it would make a good daytime smoke.

This is a very light smoke - but I think it's fully of flavors. Nuttiness, earthiness, some sweetness - it's pretty much the only milder American market smoke that really has appeal for me. Give the Cabaiguan petite a try if you don't want to commit to a full cigar. I think these are great cigars, but they don't have that nicotine punch that we're so used to from Mr. Pepin. It's definitely worth a shot, I think these are one of the more unique tasting cigars that you can buy in the States.

I find these to be a solid smoke on the lighter side of medium.
I enjoy them alot and the belicosos are damn fine too.
If you ever smoke an off one let them sleep for a few months in your humi.
When you revisit them you should be pleasantly surprised!

-Rob

These are definitely much better with a few months + time on them. These have almost become my "go to" smoke when wanting something on the lighter side.

Nate

Nice review. Glad you finally got a chance to dig into the goods! BTW, how is the Norman Shiraz?

Nice review. Glad you finally got a chance to dig into the goods! BTW, how is the Norman Shiraz?

I'm usually a big fan, but The Greg Norman wasn't doing a whole lot for me last night. I think I was a little mad that the bottle on the top of the rack in the store was 2004, and the bottle I brought home was 2005. I like it best with a nice juicy steak. My wife brought home an Australian Shiraz recently from Tapestry that I really enjoyed.