• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cabela's

SiriusBlack

Always make it look easy...
Today I made my first trip to Cabela's in Hamburg,PA. Its about 2 hours from my hour and about an hour from my job. So me and a work buddy took a half day and headed up. Boy was it worth the trip. I am a hangun shooter and I do some reloading. My work buddy is helping me get into hunting for the first time. So we are starting with small game. We are going to do pheasant to start out with but my true goal is turkey.

So we went up to get me some equipment for me. I was able to pick up a Mossberg Marverick 12guage (used) for $195. It is in mint condition other than a bad camo job that we were able to remove and find a gem of a gun. Mission accomplished we just wandered around the store looking at all the sites and endless sportsman supplies. It was truly amazing. I am already planning another trip in the next month or so.

Edit: spelling error

Congrats on your first pilgrimage! (Psssst...there's only one "L" :whistling: )

I went to my first (and second) Cabela's store in Minnesota. Since we don't have one in my state, I do a fair bit of business with 'em by mail order. We keep hearing rumors of one opening here...maybe one day.

The Maverick should serve you well. I picked one up as a home defender. It's definitely no-frills next to the 500 but it accepts many of the same accessories.

Cabelas is a great place. Not a fan of Mossbergs but that seems like a good price.

Always glad to see another Cabela's convert. When I was a kid my family and I would take weekend trips from our home in Wyoming to the flagship store in Sydney, Nebraska.

Nothing like that here in the UK, but I do still get the catalogue.

I also recently went to a Cabela's for the first time recently. And also, I am a handgun user. So, in the ammo market now, I'm willing to drive anywhere in the hopes of finding a crate, or even 20 round box of 9mm, .38 SPL, or .357 Mag.

Fortunately for me, the Cabela's in MI is only a 40 minute drive from my office. But they were out of 9mm cheap shot when I was there. I heard that they get their shipments (at the MI store anyway) on Wednesdays, so a co-worker and co-shooter of mine went down Wed night this week. Again they didn't have any 9mm, but they pointed him to another store that did.

I thought that was classy of them.

Anyone else having trouble finding ammo right now? Wanna trade some Casa Fuentes for 9mm Luger?

ahh yes Cabelas my wife has banned me from going for two months lol I love that place rp

You mean to tell me that you went to Cabela's and managed to ONLY buy a shotgun? Man... the last time I was there was just to pick up some ammo and look around. I ended up leaving with a case of ammo and a new Kimber Subcompact .45 lol. My wife was even there!

I'm pretty envious. I'm getting hyped up for some camping later this year and Cabela's will likely be getting a good chunk of my business.

They built one here a few years back, it is 5 minutes from my work and about 10 minutes from my house. I enjoy going there but I had to limit myself so I don't go broke on fishing equipment. Cigars is an expensive enough habit.

I am lucky to live 5 minutes from one, much to my wife's chagrin! One of my favorite store for sure. Watch out, it may be downhil from here for you :)

You mean to tell me that you went to Cabela's and managed to ONLY buy a shotgun? Man... the last time I was there was just to pick up some ammo and look around. I ended up leaving with a case of ammo and a new Kimber Subcompact .45 lol. My wife was even there!

Well here's what happened...I had a nice budget set a side for the trip and then baby sister (who is 26) hit me up for a long. So I cant tell her and my nephews no. So I dipped into my Cabela's money. The gun was a steal so that snatched it up and made some notes for a second trip probably around my birthday (later this month).

So still thinking about my trip I decieded to give my co-worker a little thank you gift for inviting me. I had a few smokes in my cooledor that I had lost interest in and were just taking up space. So I took them into to work and just left them on his desk. Considering we just had a huge reorganization announced today at my company it was welcomed surprise for my new buddy. My company cut 56 jobs today as it continues to resize due to some product eliminations a few months back. At any rate, I have quickly learned that its the little things that you can do for people that can turn a crappy day into a good one. :D

Let me know next time you want to make the trip and we can carpool! There's also Bass Pro Shops out in Harrisburg which isn't too far of a drive, either.

I have to admit, I've never personally been there. But I have ordered from their web site a number of times! Most recently when looking for a 22 kit for a 1911 and they were one of the few places who would ship a high cap magazine to Massachusetts.

It looks like my nearest would be in East Hartford, CT. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever visited CT...............................

My idea of the outdoors is a boats, bikinis and beer. Fishing is too boring for me, and i shot a bird once and felt bad. My idea of hunting is chasing 18 year olds with daddy issues. But that being said, i love cabelas catalog! There is so much interesting stuff in there. Bathroom reading!

We got a Bass Pro here recently, i love the fish tanks.

Check this out, some of those fish are big, these kids have balls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTbIBswvvC0

Are you hunting pheasants in PA? I live in VA and there just aren't any around - and I thought PA was the same on that score.
I grew up small game hunting in PA (mostly pheasants) and would love to do it again. The only other option is a preserve or traveling to South Dakota.

I happened to be in Cabela's when I read your post. They were FEEDING THE FISH! An hour later I was still standing there watching the Nothern Pike gobble up minnows. Awesome store.

Edited for spelling

Cabela's is probably my all time favorite store. I can spend hours in there. I happen to live about 15 minutes from the one in Kansas City so that is nice. Glad to hear you want to get into turkey hunting. I absolutely love it. It is hands down my favorite thing to hunt. I've harvested my fair share with my 12 gauge, but the past few years I've been trying with my compound bow. No luck yet, but I continue to try each year. Enjoy the new shotgun and happy hunting!

Are you hunting pheasants in PA? I live in VA and there just aren't any around - and I thought PA was the same on that score.
I grew up small game hunting in PA (mostly pheasants) and would love to do it again. The only other option is a preserve or traveling to South Dakota.

Yes we are going on PA. I can't say if there are here or not. I am new at it but I buddy seems to think so.