• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cabinet Humidor

w00ts!te

Go GREEN! Go WHITE!
Below is my new cabinet made by Dave Novelli from Custom Creations. The professionalism and quality shown by him (and his team?) was top notch. I won't post prices but it was more than affordable including shipping to be completely made out of spanish cedar. I also picked the stain, location and number of drawers. It has been about 4 days and it is holding RH at around 70%-71%; awesome. Here are some pictures. Now it's time to fill up; oh Jim, where are you?! :rolleyes:

DSC_1569.jpg

DSC_1570.jpg

DSC_1571.jpg

DSC_1573-1.jpg

Search on 'most' of the cabinet humidor names...and or 'cheaphumidors' and you'll find your answers.
thumbs-up.gif

My friend did it.
A bunch of people have them.
What's your requirement?
See above!
wink.gif

I was thinking of doing the same last year around this time as well. I ended up deciding to just wait a bit longer and buy a custom built one maybe.

When I was looking at the ones from CI and Cheap Humidors, the biggest issue seemed to be making sure the seal was tight when you received it and that there was no damage during transport. That seemed to be the biggest issue.

I bought the one shown as the Verona about three years ago and have been completely satisfied. I got it from Tampahumidors and was very happy with the service I got as well.
Just make sure you do an inspection before signing for it from the freight company, even if the driver acts like you're putting him out. Once you sign for it, it's yours.

I use about a pound of beads coupled with a Cigar Oasis, and have never had a problem maintaining a set humidity level of around %67.

Remember.........Humidork mentioned giving CP members coupons for discount when he joined here. Let us know how that works out for you.

Arlen Liss said it best; "anything more than a cooler is a luxury" and I agree.

Having said that, I will comment that while it was not particularly cheap, my Staebell is the best investment I've ever made in the enjoyment of this hobby.

No dis on the commercial humidors, but I have no regrets on my purchase. I'd do it again, tomorrow. And, it's truly beautiful as well. Food for thought, gentlemen.

Good luck and have fun - B.B.S.

I've seen the Verona go for as low as $151.00 on Cbid. Add the $250.00 shipping and it's still a good buy.

Even though I build humidors, I still have a "cheap humidor". It has served me well but I'm stuck with the features (or lack of) A plus to a custom one is you can get the features you want but it comes at a price. Either way it's the proper way to store your cigars. Good luck. :thumbs:

Sent ya a PM HM. And btw, I am looking to spend less than 1k for everything (humidification, humidor, shipping, etc).

Even though I build humidors, I still have a "cheap humidor". It has served me well but I'm stuck with the features (or lack of) A plus to a custom one is you can get the features you want but it comes at a price. Either way it's the proper way to store your cigars. Good luck.
thumbs-up.gif

HumiM...what humidors have you build so far? I know there was one so far.

Sent ya a PM HM. And btw, I am looking to spend less than 1k for everything (humidification, humidor, shipping, etc).

LMAO...you still didn't answer some questions.

Also, if you're looking for a custom made humi...look around in this forum for some humidor reviews.

A Stabell(sp) or Avallo may run around $600-$800...plus a couple bills for shipping.

Than again, if you have the patience...wait for one to come up for sale(in your area).

In the mean time...what's your requirment?

Search on 'most' of the cabinet humidor names...and or 'cheaphumidors' and you'll find your answers.
thumbs-up.gif

My friend did it.
A bunch of people have them.
What's your requirement?
See above!
wink.gif

As the resident CheapHumidors expert... :eek:)

Any items damaged in shipping we replace and are reimbursed for by the shipping company. Any items with any damage or that aren't fully functional we replace. They're made in China, and low cost, but they all come with our SureSeal guarantee.

I'll PM you a coupon to get you started Luke ;) you won't need to spend NEAR $1k.

I bought a Montague before I PCSed out of the states. I needed a pretty cabinet to make the wife happy, but I didn't want to shell out the coin on a custom-job that government contract movers will scratch up over the years. It's been a great investment. I put a couple pounds of beads in a few trays throughout and have found no seal issues- it holds 65% like a champ.

If your looking for a cabinet humidor, I may be able to help you. We are a Michigan company so shipping is not a big deal. In fact I could deliver it to you on my way up north possible for free. Send me an e-mail and hopefully we can come up with a design you are looking for.

Dave Novelli

My link

If your looking for a cabinet humidor, I may be able to help you. We are a Michigan company so shipping is not a big deal. In fact I could deliver it to you on my way up north possible for free. Send me an e-mail and hopefully we can come up with a design you are looking for.

Dave Novelli

My link

http://www.customcre..._table_humidors

So, only two boxes of robustos in the drawer?

What are the overall and internatl dimensions?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

...and wotsit, you still didn't answer any questions!

If you want an f'n answer to a question that has many answers...then we need to narrow things down a little.

If you want an f'n answer to a question that has many answers...then we need to narrow things down a little.

I think at this point Gary, he might be O.F.P... I'm checking out Cheap Humi's though, I want a coupon too! :thumbs:

I think at this point Gary, he might be O.F.P... I'm checking out Cheap Humi's though, I want a coupon too! :thumbs:

Ummmm...... Out For Pizza :whistling:

Arlen Liss said it best; "anything more than a cooler is a luxury" and I agree.

Having said that, I will comment that while it was not particularly cheap, my Staebell is the best investment I've ever made in the enjoyment of this hobby.

No dis on the commercial humidors, but I have no regrets on my purchase. I'd do it again, tomorrow. And, it's truly beautiful as well. Food for thought, gentlemen.

Good luck and have fun - B.B.S.

I couldn't agree more. I've had my Aristocrat for a little more then a year now.