• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cabinet vs. Box

pierce652

Getting ready to make my first purchase and was wondering something.

Why is it that so many people believe that cabinets are better than boxed? I realize that the boxes are pressed but what exactly is it that the cabinets have that the boxes dont. Besides 25 more moments of enjoyment.

Just so you know, there are SLB's without the extra 25 moments of enjoyment. There is an impression that SLB's have a better quality than dress boxes, but I dunno. I like 'em 'cause they are great for putting my fishing reels in when packing for trips, after the cigars are gone of course.

I simply prefer nice, round cigars over box pressed. Also since I ALWAYS remove the bands from my cigars before I smoke them, cigars in CABs used to not have any bands.

coventrycat86 said:
I simply prefer nice, round cigars over box pressed. Also since I ALWAYS remove the bands from my cigars before I smoke them, cigars in CABs used to not have any bands.
[snapback]246627[/snapback]​

Gotta agree with Bill here. I don't like cigars that have been box-pressed like Padron '64s. It's also been said that SLB's also have higher quality cigars in them.

Cigars in Cabs age much better than cigars in dress boxes.

If you are going to age cigars for awhile. I would definately look for cabs. If going to smoke rather quickly or not age as long go with a dress box.