• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Calling all bikers

Already posted this recently, but . . .

minnesota.jpg

'68 XLCH. Built her '00-02 and took her up to Iowa for a party . . . rode up to the state line to snap this pic.

Don't really ride much, but building Sheeza was the most fun I've had since, well, pretty much ever. Made lifelong friends along the way and there's hardly a part on her that doesn't remind of them . . . tons of one-off handmade custom parts and friendly trades and technical assistance out the wazoo. Rolling brotherhood right there.

~Boar

I love this style bike, much better than the OCC or WCC choppers that everyone was drooling over a few years back.

Thanks . . . funny thing about that. I started out with a fendered-out Ness Fatster style in mind, but Sheeza wouldn't go for it. Nothing worked. I saw a Billy Lane bike with a red rim and wide whitewall on the back---just the back---and it got me started thinking about 50's hot rods and things like that, stuff I'd always loved. It all started coming together then.

But I took too long. She was the only one around when I started and the magazines were FULL of bobbers by the time I finally got her done! :laugh:

~Boar

Yeah. I guess this is kind of the "in thing" now, but I don't care. I was never a big fan of the stretched choppers. The rat-rod look is way cooler.

I am on my second bike now. This summer, my friend and I found a go-cart track about 20 minutes south of us. It is 1 mile in length, 11 turns, and it costs $15 and you can ride all day. Unfortunately, I don't think I have the funds for a track day this year, but hopefully I will stay employed, and next year will work out.

My favorite turn at the track
DSCF1638.jpg

The first day I brought her home. 2005 GSXR 600
DSCF0797.jpg

My first bike. 1999 YZF 600R. I still lived with my parents, I kept it in my bedroom for the winter
4bb94bee.jpg

Hey Master,

You might want to look at the 2009 yamaha r1 if you're considering a new sportbike. It's a completely redesigned bike this year with a new type of engine with more torque than the other liter bikes (except the dukes of course). Then again, I'm biased (always owned yamaha)

I will check on them. I have always been between the GSXR and the R1.

You really can't go wrong with either. They're both really great bikes. Go test ride both and see what you like more. OR just get both! Problem solved.

I had to sell both my bikes due to financial issues in the fall. Worst thing i ever did. I'd kil to get a bike right now. At least i can go over and take out my dad's victory any time cuz he doesn't mind but I need another sport bike. Maybe ill be able to afford a new bike this coming winter. :( I envy you guys who are out doing track days right now, we still have snow on the ground.

Edit: For eye candy my dad's bike. 2008 ness edition jackpot (i just stol a picture off google but its the same, the paint is the same it's a special edition type thing.)

UKQDMN1EMOAYWUL35F.jpg

When it's time for a new bike the Victory's are very high on my list. But right now I'm still hoping to get the ok from my wife for a 2nd bike, which would be either a late 60's or early 70's shovelhead. I'm torn because some of the styling features that I really want are more from the Panheads and the bikes of the 50's and early 50's, but the one thing I don't want is the foot clutch/hand shift that was stock on those bikes. I hate to take that off of a bike it was intended for, yet I want some of the styling that you can only find on those!

You know there is a real simple fix for that... build your own. :thumbs:

When it's time for a new bike the Victory's are very high on my list. But right now I'm still hoping to get the ok from my wife for a 2nd bike, which would be either a late 60's or early 70's shovelhead. I'm torn because some of the styling features that I really want are more from the Panheads and the bikes of the 50's and early 50's, but the one thing I don't want is the foot clutch/hand shift that was stock on those bikes. I hate to take that off of a bike it was intended for, yet I want some of the styling that you can only find on those!

You know there is a real simple fix for that... build your own. :thumbs:

QFT. :thumbs:

Heck, you can even get a bike-in-a-box worth building these days.

Nothing like hearing something you built yourself kick over for the very first time, either. Major wootage.

~Boar