• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Calling all photographers...

Shamrocker

Sheik Yerbouti
A few weekends ago we were hit with some near record breaking rainfall and my wife and I got some water in the basement. Some boxes with clothes, keepsakes, books, and photographs got damaged. We ended up throwing a number of things away but we did our best to save the important irreplaceable things. My wife separated her photographs, laid them out on a few towels and let them air dry. Once they were dry, she re-stakcked them. Seems as if they may not have been as dry as we origianlly thought and now we have a small brick of semi-stuck together photos. I've been trying to separate them with the dull end of a butter knife and patience with decent success and minor damage. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to separate them any faster or easier?
Thanks!

Toss em back in some water and they should come apart with no damage.
Then dry them thoroughly before putting em in a pile again.

-Rob

Thank you! I also did a quick google search and found similar advice, but it doens't hurt to have confidence in the advice you read elsewhere.

I may not have started photographing in the digital era, but I never did any darkroom work so it didn't occur to me the photos were wet processed in developing.

Yes, the advice you have been given is good. I'm sorry to hear that you were hit by the flooding. I read about it in the paper. Best of luck with the clean up. I hope the damage isn't too severe.

Wow, that sucks. Now the only problem with the digital age is, make sure you have backup's of your backups. I had dvd's burned of all my images. Lost a hard drive that was secondary storage. When I started copying back all my images off DVD's some were no longer readable. Ended up loosing a year and a half of images.. Now I backup to 3 different places at home and one at work.

Wow, that sucks. Now the only problem with the digital age is, make sure you have backup's of your backups. I had dvd's burned of all my images. Lost a hard drive that was secondary storage. When I started copying back all my images off DVD's some were no longer readable. Ended up loosing a year and a half of images.. Now I backup to 3 different places at home and one at work.

Convert everything and backup your computer with MozyHome. Wonderful service. 2 GB free!