• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Calling out Waxingmoon - seriously!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I PM'd him over at CA and asked him to check in here and let the forum (and Josh) know what's going on. He stated he had some personal family issues, but his comments struck me:

Thanks..... I am not real concerned.....Those folks knew that.... and I am a one man shop and do the best I can to get things done.....

As we all know, life does in fact I get in the way sometimes. Sometimes in rather serious and challenging ways. In all cases, open communication and honesty seems to take care of concerns. I would hope that taking care of customers would be important to him. When your reputation is on the line, it seems to me that he'd make an overt gesture to make this right and keep the lines of communication open. What a dissapointment.

Hope it works out, Josh...B.B.S.

Yes actually. I've been meaning to post an update but the last few days have been hectic.

Ed emailed me last week saying he will send me money as he can afford it and sent $50.00 to my Paypal account I paid him through. We've probably got a while before this matter is resolved, but it looks like we're making forward progress. :thumbs:

Good reputations take a long time to build, but seem to be able get destroyed quickly. I hope Ed can come back from this with his head held high.

I guess this is as good a place as any.

On January 28 2011 I ordered a custom humidor from Ed Sallee in the amount of $287.42. I paid an additional $50 for shipping (actually shipping cost was to be deducted from this amount and the rest refunded, it never was) and it was sent to me around the end of February. I was out of town a lot and it took me a couple of weeks to un-box it.

It arrived with some fairly big cosmetic issues as well as a crooked lid. The packing job was truly top notch and the box arrived undamaged, so I wouldn't think the lid issue was from shipment.

Click here for pictures of it's condition.

I emailed him to which he immediately responded via phone (March 20, 2011). He apologized for my dissatisfaction and said he would build another to replace it.

On July 12, 2011 I requested a refund as the replacement humidor had yet to be built. He replied "Fair enough.... I will work on saving up to do so." and I have not heard from him since.

The humidor is still sitting in the box it was shipped in unused.

Same thing here. Same problem same story.

Forward progress, I guess. I will say Ed has been timely in replying to any inquiries I've made but ultimately it hasn't gotten me anywhere yet.

Email exchange:

Josh to Edward 9:16 AM Sep 17

Ed,

What is the status on this?

Josh

-------------------------------------------------------------

Edward Sallee via msn.com to me 5:47 PM Sep 17

Josh,

I apologize for this dragging out so long. It was not my intent.

[Removed due to personal information regarding his mother's health]

I do intend on getting you straight.... but I ask that you bare with me while I get my things in order.... I just kicked the first batch off the bench after a long delay..... It will take me a minute to get caught back up.... but, I will...

Thanks for understanding..... (if ya do)....

Ed

-------------------------------------------------------------

Josh Garrison to Edward 9:27 PM Sep 17

Ed,

I am sorry to hear about your mother.

I am a patient man and I understand that sometimes life gets in the way of your obligations. My concern is not in the time this has taken but in that you have not updated me or kept me in the loop in any capacity unless I come hunting for more information. Further, your backlog on work should not have anything to do with the refund you agreed to give me. What I would like is for you to provide me with a date by when I can expect this matter to be completely resolved. Let me know.

Josh

My emails follow very close to what you were told.

I emailed him on September 17 and have not yet gotten a response. He was last active on Cigar Asylum yesterday.

I am still waiting for my refund after my last email from him on Monday. I have been wait for almost a year.
Very said that Ed is doing this. I have research on line and seem to find others as well. In the mean time Ed is making humidors and selling them as we wait.

Not sure he will anwser. He owes me money as well. For about 9 months I have been trying to collect.

He was made aware of this thread back when it was made. How much does he owe you? It would probably be a good idea to tell your story with dates, emails and pictures.

To date Ed Sallee still owes me $287.42. Considering the circumstances, I think it might be best to add him to the bad trader list. Phil?

The gauntlet has been thrown. If anyone is friends with him, maybe over on CA, they may want to suggest he replies here.

Sounds like a well documented issue, so he should be added on there. Sorry to hear about that Josh!

He basically blew me off when I reached out to him over at CA. I will do so again, not sure if it will do any good.

To be clear, I don't know this guy and frankly IMHO he deserves to be on the scumbag list, based on the well documented posts in this thread. I'll PM him one last time over at CA.

He basically blew me off when I reached out to him over at CA. I will do so again, not sure if it will do any good.

To be clear, I don't know this guy and frankly IMHO he deserves to be on the scumbag list, based on the well documented posts in this thread. I'll PM him one last time over at CA.

Not sure he will reply. I have taken heat for posting about him. No matter is people agree how I have called him out many force on me and not the fact Ed has burned people in the cigar community.

Not sure he will anwser. He owes me money as well. For about 9 months I have been trying to collect.

He was made aware of this thread back when it was made. How much does he owe you? It would probably be a good idea to tell your story with dates, emails and pictures.

To date Ed Sallee still owes me $287.42. Considering the circumstances, I think it might be best to add him to the bad trader list. Phil?

I paid $1160.00 He has given me about $250. I have pictures on many threads and will add some here this weekend.

Gentlemen,

I'm sorry to hear about this issue, I believe it is time for them gentleman to be put in the "scumbag" list no matter his prior reputation. Once one party owes another party money, it is good business ethics and etiquette for said party to keep in touch (and updated for that matter) with the other. I hope it is resolved soon, and for the party in question, there is nothing more valuable for your reputation and honor.

Not sure he will reply. I have taken heat for posting about him. No matter is people agree how I have called him out many force on me and not the fact Ed has burned people in the cigar community.

I paid $1160.00 He has given me about $250. I have pictures on many threadsand will add some here this weekend.

First bolded part: Huh?

Second bolded part: Please don't. You've stated your case and I can't imagine anyone who even infrequently visits this forum is unaware of the situation. It's obvious your sole reason for joining this forum was to badmouth WM. That's fine, there is value to others in that. But if you go off and make 278 posts about this I can guarantee you will be treated like you've been treated elsewhere for this exact same reason. Let it rest where it is. Good people you've never met before are reaching out to try and get the situation resolved, you really can't ask more than that.

Gentlemen,

I'm sorry to hear about this issue, I believe it is time for them gentleman to be put in the "scumbag" list no matter his prior reputation. Once one party owes another party money, it is good business ethics and etiquette for said party to keep in touch (and updated for that matter) with the other. I hope it is resolved soon, and for the party in question, there is nothing more valuable for your reputation and honor.

Insight / Josh / tone-ny / BBS are handling this situation just fine - do you really think your input is needed here maduro89? After a mere 4 months, your focus should be on building your own reputation , not offering your opinion on the demise of another member's reputation within the greater multi-forum cigar community. Please noobs, think before you post!

Understanding that there were issues that required my attention, I would like to first and foremost say thank you.

Not really wanting to share all of the personal issues that occurred for me and my family, I feel it is necessary to share in an attempt to let you know where I was and where I am and where we hope to be.

Back in February, 2011, I took a leap of faith and gave up a very stable corporate position in order to do humidor building full time. Things were going well, orders taken and addressed and wanted to keep on keeping on. Well, First part of April, I think… I cut my thumb off. Major setback in trying to move forward. My progress slowed down to probably 25% of what I intended to do, but, I kept on trucking on. Relying on one box at a time. Sometimes I would do 3 or 4….but, nonetheless… progress was slowed.

My thumb started healing and I was able to pick up the pace again… and then, right at the beginning of June, my 80 mother, who lived in Minnesota – me in Charleston, required some life threatening major surgery which ultimately required my relocation to Minnesota mid August. Leaving much behind in Charleston, including my gal, Terri, something that I didn’t want to do, but the call from the family left me in the position to be the one to come back.

I brought most of my shop with me and set up and continued to work on humidors, albeit disjointed with my woman in SC and working through one box at a time. In keeping with my idea of trying to provide affordable humidors, my profits were not substantial enough to get back on track where I need to be. A lot of time was spent working the family issues and I was in fact staying at my mother’s home taking care of things and focusing more on just “getting by” versus making a living.

I was finally able to obtain my own place mid-December and Terri gave up her business in South Carolina to come and work with me at the end of January. Since her arrival, we have been structuring what our focus is going to be and how to get there. I have not had an extra dime to my name to during this time.

With Terri’s assistance, working with me and providing focus on bringing product out in order to be a functioning shop, she designed and we built several newer “models” – with the hopes that we will be able to continue these relatively inexpensive models to assist with the cash flow as well as provide a quality, low cost humidor and still afford the time required to build customs.

As stated, there are a lot of nuances and finicky things in humidor building, and I have learned a lot along the way. Especially from world class builders like the Humidor Minister, for which I have great respect.

Life simply got in the way. I never once told anybody that I would not stand behind what I do and I have been forthcoming that things were not good for me at the moment… with that being said, Things can only get better as my gal is with me, we are focused on providing that which we do and in turn, hopeful that by doing this will provide what is required to get caught up on my obligations out there.

I am not seeking any sort of sympathy or such, but the circumstances and the timing of such could not have been worse over the course of the last year.

Yes, I am building and (hopefully) selling humidors, but, all that I’ve posted have not sold and the expense of building them still exists, rent for the shop, tools, miscellaneous shop supplies, etc, etc, etc… those are an effort to get the revenue going so I can take care of the obligations for the poor quality that these two gentlemen received – as well as take care of other obligations that keep nipping at the ankles.

I had not anticipated refunding in to the equation, and it was an offer that I made to fix the problem. Soon after the offer was made, the proverbial crap hit the fan….and I have been crawling out of the hole slowly but surely. Getting better every day.

Again, I’ve not ignored David or Josh – simply couldn’t do anything other than survive, one box at a time. I believe that things have finally settled down and lessons have been learned and Terri & I are focused. But, it will take some more time, as I am constantly in the shop building…. And things are starting to turn around for us…. But we have a little ways to go.

We’ll get there and David & Josh will be treated fairly for their patience (which I know they are losing daily).

Hope that helps clear the air, it’s the truth anyways.

Very nice of you to post an update. I for one hope this gets resolved quickly. This has been ridiculous to follow, and you have a ton of work to do to make up your reputation. Good luck in the future.

Very nice of you to post an update. I for one hope this gets resolved quickly. This has been ridiculous to follow, and you have a ton of work to do to make up your reputation. Good luck in the future.

Thanks.... we'll get there. This is what we are going to do... and totally understand reputation. Sometimes, life gets in the way and cripples you. Finally, we see daylight.... but, there's no guarantee, but we won't give up. Gotta make things right across the board. 200 humidor builds in 2 1/2 years.... with the lessons learned, and my life partner believing in us... is all we need at the moment to press forward. Still building affordable humidors.... just need to sell 'em.

Understanding that there were issues that required my attention, I would like to first and foremost say thank you.

Not really wanting to share all of the personal issues that occurred for me and my family, I feel it is necessary to share in an attempt to let you know where I was and where I am and where we hope to be.

Back in February, 2011, I took a leap of faith and gave up a very stable corporate position in order to do humidor building full time. Things were going well, orders taken and addressed and wanted to keep on keeping on. Well, First part of April, I think… I cut my thumb off. Major setback in trying to move forward. My progress slowed down to probably 25% of what I intended to do, but, I kept on trucking on. Relying on one box at a time. Sometimes I would do 3 or 4….but, nonetheless… progress was slowed.

My thumb started healing and I was able to pick up the pace again… and then, right at the beginning of June, my 80 mother, who lived in Minnesota – me in Charleston, required some life threatening major surgery which ultimately required my relocation to Minnesota mid August. Leaving much behind in Charleston, including my gal, Terri, something that I didn’t want to do, but the call from the family left me in the position to be the one to come back.

I brought most of my shop with me and set up and continued to work on humidors, albeit disjointed with my woman in SC and working through one box at a time. In keeping with my idea of trying to provide affordable humidors, my profits were not substantial enough to get back on track where I need to be. A lot of time was spent working the family issues and I was in fact staying at my mother’s home taking care of things and focusing more on just “getting by” versus making a living.

I was finally able to obtain my own place mid-December and Terri gave up her business in South Carolina to come and work with me at the end of January. Since her arrival, we have been structuring what our focus is going to be and how to get there. I have not had an extra dime to my name to during this time.

With Terri’s assistance, working with me and providing focus on bringing product out in order to be a functioning shop, she designed and we built several newer “models” – with the hopes that we will be able to continue these relatively inexpensive models to assist with the cash flow as well as provide a quality, low cost humidor and still afford the time required to build customs.

As stated, there are a lot of nuances and finicky things in humidor building, and I have learned a lot along the way. Especially from world class builders like the Humidor Minister, for which I have great respect.

Life simply got in the way. I never once told anybody that I would not stand behind what I do and I have been forthcoming that things were not good for me at the moment… with that being said, Things can only get better as my gal is with me, we are focused on providing that which we do and in turn, hopeful that by doing this will provide what is required to get caught up on my obligations out there.

I am not seeking any sort of sympathy or such, but the circumstances and the timing of such could not have been worse over the course of the last year.

Yes, I am building and (hopefully) selling humidors, but, all that I’ve posted have not sold and the expense of building them still exists, rent for the shop, tools, miscellaneous shop supplies, etc, etc, etc… those are an effort to get the revenue going so I can take care of the obligations for the poor quality that these two gentlemen received – as well as take care of other obligations that keep nipping at the ankles.

I had not anticipated refunding in to the equation, and it was an offer that I made to fix the problem. Soon after the offer was made, the proverbial crap hit the fan….and I have been crawling out of the hole slowly but surely. Getting better every day.

Again, I’ve not ignored David or Josh – simply couldn’t do anything other than survive, one box at a time. I believe that things have finally settled down and lessons have been learned and Terri & I are focused. But, it will take some more time, as I am constantly in the shop building…. And things are starting to turn around for us…. But we have a little ways to go.

We’ll get there and David & Josh will be treated fairly for their patience (which I know they are losing daily).

Hope that helps clear the air, it’s the truth anyways.

Thanks.... we'll get there. This is what we are going to do... and totally understand reputation. Sometimes, life gets in the way and cripples you. Finally, we see daylight.... but, there's no guarantee, but we won't give up. Gotta make things right across the board. 200 humidor builds in 2 1/2 years.... with the lessons learned, and my life partner believing in us... is all we need at the moment to press forward. Still building affordable humidors.... just need to sell 'em.

When will you repay the people that are owed?

Status
Not open for further replies.