• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Camacho's new bands

arvee

Anyone else hate the new look?   I think it makes them look like cheap trendy garbage.  The old band to me looked fairly classy and respectable.... 

Nah, as long as the cigar smokes like it did back in the day. I don't care.

It was a great cigar then went in the crapper for several years.

broblues said:
Once Christian left, I quit smoking them.

I think Christian was the one that f'ed them up years ago. Now that Davidof has them, IMO I think the brand will do better.

NorcalMark said:

Once Christian left, I quit smoking them.

I think Christian was the one that f'ed them up years ago. Now that Davidof has them, IMO I think the brand will do better.

I used to love Camacho, but once Davidoff took over the brand died down in our stores. Then again cigar sales are different in different regions. I like the new look and hopefully they are going to be as good as the reps made them sound.

Hmmm, guess I'm in the minority on this one...  I do agree that the look isn't nearly as important as how well it smokes.  The scorpion makes me think of that FIAT Abarth tho.   :p

I only really liked the liberty series, all others were just meh imho.

I bought 2 yesterday just to be open minded.   I'll let them rest a couple of weeks and re-evaluate then. ;)

Never have been wow'd, but let's see what happens here when the BOTL's start chimming in.

broblues said:
I bought 2 yesterday just to be open minded.   I'll let them rest a couple of weeks and re-evaluate then. ;)

Cool!  I'm looking forward to your review.  I have a number of boxes of rather old stock.  Crojo, Coyolar, Negro (I think JR had stated these are Camacho's answer to the Padron...  it wasn't) and a box with some harvest year on it.

I pretty much gave up on cigar smoking 4 years ago.  I remember thinking they were OK, sure not a Padron 1964 or Ashton VSG, but I got them off that evil auction site for cheap.  For the price I paid I'm quite happy as they aren't dog rockets, that and at the time I was just being introduced to the really good sticks.  It is amazing once you smoke a world class cigar you can't go back.  Last order was for Tatuaje Havana VI, Liga Privada No. 9, Undercrown and Olivia Vs.  

In addition I'm eyeing the Forbidden X that bought for a special occasion years ago...  I'm thinking of manufacturing a "special occasion" to burn that.

arvee said:

Cool!  I'm looking forward to your review.  I have a number of boxes of rather old stock.  Crojo, Coyolar, Negro (I think JR had stated these are Camacho's answer to the Padron...  it wasn't) and a box with some harvest year on it.

I pretty much gave up on cigar smoking 4 years ago.  I remember thinking they were OK, sure not a Padron 1964 or Ashton VSG, but I got them off that evil auction site for cheap.  For the price I paid I'm quite happy as they aren't dog rockets, that and at the time I was just being introduced to the really good sticks.  It is amazing once you smoke a world class cigar you can't go back.  Last order was for Tatuaje Havana VI, Liga Privada No. 9, Undercrown and Olivia Vs.  

In addition I'm eyeing the Forbidden X that bought for a special occasion years ago...  I'm thinking of manufacturing a "special occasion" to burn that.

Smoking an OpusX is the special occasion.  

thechenman said:

I was starting to think the same thing.  I just have to convince my inner cheapskate.

arvee said:

I was starting to think the same thing.  I just have to convince my inner cheapskate.

Just look at it this way...Smoke the OpusX...there will be more behind it.  I mean, what's the best/worst that could happen?

The Best Case Scenario:  You find that you love OpusX cigars and it's ruins your enjoyment of all other cigars.  You go broke due to your OpusX obsession, but you enjoy every puff of each OpusX you've procured on your way toward bankruptcy.

The Worst Case Scenario:  You discover that you hate OpusX cigars and never purchase another, thus saving you enough money to buy that Ferrari you've always wanted.

Lol.  True

The big question is how'd you know I prefer Ferrari?  (well at least the idea of owning one)

Smoked a Corojo Robusto yesterday and it was pretty good. Nothing that made me think I couldn't live without it, but I enjoyed it right down until it burned my finger tips. I'll have to give the other lines a try, I am waiting for the Corojo Maduros to see what they are like. Supposed to pack a punch, but they always hype up a cigar so I want to try it for myself.

If you decide that OpusX is NOT the way to go, feel free to send them to me and I will insure they get destroyed by fire. :whistling:  

Just a little bump here.

Last night I put fire to the Camacho Corojo (Red Label) I purchased last week.  I must say I enjoyed it.  For me, the flavor profile didn't change too much from start to finish, but from the beginning to the end, it was a good smoke.  I will buy more.

Always liked their Havana series- it had a simple yellow band with a c in it- haven't seen the new bands.

Thanks for the reviews guys. That is basically what thought about the old Corojo. Decent smoke, but nothing really special. If run across some local I'll give the new ones a go. Hideous band and all. :)

the best cigar Camacho ever made was the Diploma. It came in a pyramide shaped box with a pull off lid.