• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Camera suggestion

I have the Fujifilm Finepix S1000 fd and its nice. Only two things I don't like about it. When you are using the video option, make sure you have it zoomed to your liking before starting. You can't zoom in and out once you start recording. The other thing I don't like is when you are taking pictures and zoom in...the camera screen shakes a lot since its made to be put on a camera stand. Other than those 2 things, I enjoy the camera. Its a 10.0 Mega Pixel with a 12x zoom. i got it around the $225 range.

I have the Fujifilm Finepix S1000 fd and its nice. Only two things I don't like about it. When you are using the video option, make sure you have it zoomed to your liking before starting. You can't zoom in and out once you start recording. The other thing I don't like is when you are taking pictures and zoom in...the camera screen shakes a lot since its made to be put on a camera stand. Other than those 2 things, I enjoy the camera. Its a 10.0 Mega Pixel with a 12x zoom. i got it around the $225 range.

It's Loren's camera of choice when he's taking pics of hot Russian chicks!

It's Loren's camera of choice when he's taking pics of hot Russian chicks!

DSCN1378-1.jpg

That was done with a 4 Mega Pixel camera. I should have bought a better camera when I went to Russia. Oh the pictures I would have taken. :0

There's an ass at least that nice on every block in NYC. No need to travel across the globe.

She is probably not even Russian. Most likely another tourist judging by the fact she is carrying a camera.

She is probably not even Russian. Most likely another tourist judging by the fact she is carrying a camera.

Well I'll be darned, she is holding a camera. So Loren went all the way to Russia to photograph some chicks butt and it ends up she's a tourist from New York! tomthirtysix was right.

Actually she is Russian. Unless she was the best Linguist in the world. Anyways...Russians carry cameras just like tourists. I was given free vodka so this Russian family could take a picture of me. They called me "Santa Claus." They are tourists in their own country. Whether they have a camera or mobile phone taking pictures. :laugh:

So you're saying she probably snapped a shot of your ass just before you took this photo? Sounds naughty, Loren :laugh:

So you're saying she probably snapped a shot of your ass just before you took this photo? Sounds naughty, Loren :laugh:

Well she did come from behind me first before passing me. :D

I may be a little late to the party here to weigh in with my opinion, however:

I was in the market for both a DSLR and a pocket camera a few months ago, and in summary I can say and most people will agree that Canon is a better all-around camera with better video, but Nikon is a better picture camera. Canon is also cheaper, so unless you're taking up a hobby or profession specifically in photography, I would get the Canon. Buy the newest and best one you can afford.

Hey Doc,

I was browsing amazon, and there's this.
It's a "Canon PowerShot SD4000IS 10 MP CMOS Digital Camera with 3.8x Optical Zoom and f/2.0 Lens"
With coupon "FNH45MOP" for 15% off, it comes to 228.65, which is a pretty good price for a decent camera.

Was thinking of upgrading my setup... maybe to a DSLR.

So, this is all clear as mud to me now.

I clicked on Gary's links and got even MORE confused. How can there be 45 different drop down menus for features to sort cameras side by side.....from the SAME manufacturer? And there's 30 different manufacturers?

All this, and I have 3 choices for cable, 2 choices for domestic car manufacturers, and 1 for phone service.

Will