• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CAO Black Line

Italia's are great smokes.. Just finished up a box of the Piazza's

The Black are OK IMO, but their Maduro is excellent and I like the Cammie, too. The only ones I don't like at all are the Moontrance and it's ilk, WILKEY! ;)

If you wouldn't mind posting a link to that podcast, I would like to listen to it. With that kind of blatant misinformation being said, I wouldn't be too surprised to see them shilling for a different company.

You are right, we dropped the ball on this one and although we reported what we believed to be reliable information, it was wrong and we will correct it.
I do not appreciate your personal attack on our integrity. As Dale stated, we don't 'shill' for any of the cigar makers so we had no stake in the conversation. Perhaps if you had bothered to listen to the show before making such outrageous comments, you would have known that. It is easy to say such things behind the cloak of anonymity in a forum such as this. We have been doing this show for about 18 months and no one has ever questioned our integrity. We do make mistakes, and we do not hide our identities.
I do expect an apology and no, 'Good Play, guys" does not suffice. We will standup and admit we were wrong in a very public place (our show) and using our real names. I wonder if you have the character to admit when you are wrong.

Bob McDuffee
co-host, DogWatch Social Club Cigar Podcast
www.dogwatchsocialclub.com

As a avid listener and fan of DWSC I would like to further stress how ridculous VitaleMob's accusation is. If you listened to the show for even 5 minutes you would realize Bob and Dale have no biases towards any cigar companies. Even when they don't really like a cigar they always give it a chance and emphasize its positive aspects.

It is also clear that Bob and Dale also have full-time jobs that are very busy at times. They are not professional journalists! They do this as a hobby in their spare time and as a way to share a hobby them both clearly love. They are going to make a mistake here and there. But as you can see in this case they will do their best to quickly rectify them.

Keep on barking Bob and Dale!

I have had both CAO gold and CAO black they don't taste the same but I have a strong suspicion that CAO Black is in fact a special blend just for CI
Reason 1) it is not in perelman's guide
Reason 2) almost no retailers have it
REASON 3) CAO WEBSITE DOES NOT HAVE THE BLACK IN ITS LINEUP :whistling:

Whoa, down boy. No bad intentions here. after the link to the show was posted, I did in fact listen to the first half of it. (I had to be somewhere, so I only got so far into it) From that listen, it sounds like a pretty good show. When I posted the first time, my first reaction was that there was probably something similar to shilling going on because most of the media that I have seen in the cigar industry has shilling in it. As a quick example, most people suspect that CA's reviews are biased in their sponsor's favor so that they can add the little tags inside the boxes. That was certainly NOT an attack, just the first reaction. I asked for a link to the show so that I could listen and hear the conversation for myself. (and become a long time listener if it turned out to be a diamond in the rough.) When I posted the "Good play" comment, I was showing that I was satisfied with your reply, and that all could continue on as normal. In fact, I will be copying that podcast to my Ipod tonight so that I can listen to it on my drive to Portland and back. I'm now sure that I should have posted a longer "good play" post and mended the part of the fence that I had broken.

I certainly do apologize for making the statement about shilling, and I am going to start listening to the show as well. I mean, a cigar show without shilling is almost a novelty in itself. I have no problem admiting when I'm wrong about something. I would rather have it right than have it my way. We all have to put our feet in our mouth sometime, I guess this was my time. I f there are some relatively easy to get NC cigars that you guys would like to try for your show, let me know and I'll send some out to you if I can find them in this corner of the country.

Alright, now that that's been said, I wish CAO would release some more information about this cigar. It is on the website under the "specialty cigars" link, but the 2 sentences of description that are povided aren't very helpful.

Are we all good now? Don't want any hard feelings here. Lets all sit down and have a cigar!

I have had both CAO gold and CAO black they don't taste the same but I have a strong suspicion that CAO Black is in fact a special blend just for CI
Reason 1) it is not in perelman's guide
Reason 2) almost no retailers have it
REASON 3) CAO WEBSITE DOES NOT HAVE THE BLACK IN ITS LINEUP :whistling:

Then why does Cigar.com have it??

I'm really confused now................ :( :angry:

You are right, we dropped the ball on this one and although we reported what we believed to be reliable information, it was wrong and we will correct it.
I do not appreciate your personal attack on our integrity. As Dale stated, we don't 'shill' for any of the cigar makers so we had no stake in the conversation. Perhaps if you had bothered to listen to the show before making such outrageous comments, you would have known that. It is easy to say such things behind the cloak of anonymity in a forum such as this. We have been doing this show for about 18 months and no one has ever questioned our integrity. We do make mistakes, and we do not hide our identities.
I do expect an apology and no, 'Good Play, guys" does not suffice. We will standup and admit we were wrong in a very public place (our show) and using our real names. I wonder if you have the character to admit when you are wrong.

Bob McDuffee

:0 DWSC_Bob calm down my friend it's OK. I posted this question in the forum to find out if any others had an information or thought on this Mystery Black Line. I had no intentions on trying to discredit your show as i am a listener also and like the information that you present. In vital defense i must say that many other media shows do often shill or shamelessly plugs their sponsors products. So you have to admit even though your show don't practice this its does happen and it easy to make a mistake and think your show may be doing the same.
I would like to take this time to say i have never heard of or seen a media personality respond to any type of communication from it listeners. I must stand up and applaud you for this. With that type of passion, your show is destined to be much greater than it already is. Keep up the good work and keep digging for the truth. :thumbs:

Joe Wilson

Bob McDuffee

Did you write the book "How to win freinds and influence people"? I must have skipped the chapter about being a jackass on your first post in a community. So you didn't like someone saying that perhaps you were shilling for another company. Then just come on here, introduce yourself, and state that you were not in fact doing any such thing.

It's that simple, you don't have to be an asshole. Damn!

Bob McDuffee
Nice first post, Bob.... :whistling:

B.B.S.

:0 DWSC_Bob calm down my friend it's OK. I posted this question in the forum to find out if any others had an information or thought on this Mystery Black Line. I had no intentions on trying to discredit your show as i am a listener also and like the information that you present. In vital defense i must say that many other media shows do often shill or shamelessly plugs their sponsors products. So you have to admit even though your show don't practice this its does happen and it easy to make a mistake and think your show may be doing the same.
I would like to take this time to say i have never heard of or seen a media personality respond to any type of communication from it listeners. I must stand up and applaud you for this. With that type of passion, your show is destined to be much greater than it already is. Keep up the good work and keep digging for the truth. :thumbs:

Joe Wilson

Joe;
My apologies to you, none of my comments were intended towards you. Your question was legitimate and certainly you had every right/reason to ask it. It is because most of the cigar media is perceived as shilling for one manufacturer or another that I take it so personally when our integrity is questioned.

Bob

Whoa, down boy. No bad intentions here.

I certainly do apologize for making the statement about shilling

We are good if you will accept my apology for reading more in to what was writtent han you intended. The whole 'shilling' thing is a vitally important issue to us. We could possibly make money off this venture if we were to accept certain advertising that in our view could create the wrong perception.

Bob

I've listened to the Dog Watch Social Club for about a year and I think they're fair and unbiased towards the cigar reviews presented. It's obvious both Bob and Dale love cigars and I don't get any sense that they're trying to plug any cigar company in particular. They have gone out of their way to review cigars I haven't even heard of, so I give them full marks for trying anything and everything and reviewing it on their show.

We are good if you will accept my apology for reading more in to what was writtent han you intended. The whole 'shilling' thing is a vitally important issue to us. We could possibly make money off this venture if we were to accept certain advertising that in our view could create the wrong perception.

Bob

I'm good if you guys are good. :D :cool:

OMG :laugh: OMG my stomach is still hurting from laughing so hard. Dale and Bob the Last PODcast was too funny. I know you guys was not trying to be funny, but i had coke coming out my nose and tears in my eyes. Thanks for speaking on the subject once again.

Man i am almost afraid to talk about this cigar cause someone may accuse me of a shiller
:laugh:

You guys are too funny :laugh:

OMG :laugh: OMG my stomach is still hurting from laughing so hard. Dale and Bob the Last PODcast was too funny. I know you guys was not trying to be funny, but i had coke coming out my nose and tears in my eyes. Thanks for speaking on the subject once again.

Man i am almost afraid to talk about this cigar cause someone may accuse me of a shiller
:laugh:

You guys are too funny :laugh:
The best way to defuse a situation si to laugh about it. I am glad you enjoyed the show. How can you be so sure we weren't being funny?....

As to the CAO cigars, I like the Brazilia's and Dale and I enjoyed the Sporanos although both of us thought them to be overpriced. We are holding out to do a review on the Vision we received at RTDA. Other than that I have not been a big fan of CAO stogies. Most seem too harsh.

Bob

As I mentioned way up this thread, I do really like the Brazilia line. The Gol is one of my everyday smokes. I also really like the Criollo line. The Sopranos line is good, if pricy, and I'm anxious to try the new Tony Soprano Signature vitola.
Probably goes without saying, but now I've got to try the Black & the Gold. :D

Maybe it's just the Man O War that's exclusive to CI?
So in a way the podcast may be right... I dunno...
1st post tho! Let me go ahead and introduce myself in the proper forum