• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CAO Brazilia Pirhana

Zeebra

Daddy still loves Padrón!
So after a couple of fairly brutal days at work, I came home today and told my wife that i'd be smoking a cigar. No ifs ands or buts. Bear with me as I've never really written a review of a cigar (being a total noob) but I'll give it a shot.

Since the weather was fairly pleasant and I only wanted a relatively short smoke, I grabbed the Pirhana that's been sitting in my humidor the last couple of months.

Upon lighting it up, I though the first bit was a bit harsh. I had heard that Brazilia's give a certain "spicy" flavour to the palette and I think I experienced this right away. There was a bit of a burn issue as the cigar began to burn more on one side than the other. I let it settle a bit, re-lit the uneven side and the burn seemed to even out.

I felt the draw was a bit tight, and I wasn't able to get lots of good smoke going. I had to re-light the cigar once more about midway through, and right after re-lighting I had lots of smoke going, and I felt the cigar improved at that point. It seemed to mellow out a bit in the middle, then pick up that "spicy" flavour yet again about 3/4 through the smoke.

All in all, it wasn't bad, but I can definately say I've had better smoking experiences. Did it serve it's purpose and help me unwind from a few bad days at work? -- I would say yes. It didn't "wow" me, but it didn't turn me off either. I might try one of these again in the future after I've sampled more cigars to see if my impressions are different.

Good review! I think it was spot on to my experience with the Gol!

I've tried a few of the Brazilias,but prefer the Anaconda myself.

Ah...you guys know me and the Brazilias, they sure have never let me down! The Pirhana is a great short smoke! The mellow tone in the middle of the cigar and the more spicy beginning and end are what I have pretty consistently experienced with the Brazilias. Great smokes IMO! :thumbs:

I really like the Brazilia Line and the Pirahna is one of my favorites. Very flavorfull smokes. Hope next one is better than this one :)

I love these. I believe the one I liked best was the Samba but I could be wrong on the name. It was about 6 x 48?? I have also enjoyed the Cariocas. These are sold in tins of 6 and are great short smokes when I am at work.

JAEwing said:
I love these. I believe the one I liked best was the Samba but I could be wrong on the name. It was about 6 x 48?? I have also enjoyed the Cariocas. These are sold in tins of 6 and are great short smokes when I am at work.
[snapback]275363[/snapback]​

The samba is a torpedo and 6.5X54. Not a big fan of them though.

I happen to love the brazilias, the samba the most. I do have to agree they are a little chincey with the smoke but I love that pepper spice.

Good review. I have had the same experience except for the draw. I always found them just right. I was on a tear with these last year and smoked two boxes in about three months, then I burned out on them. Nut they are a nice little cigar I give to my friends who are occasional smokers.

I love the Pirhana's! After buying them from the B&M or online, they need at least 1 month at %65 before smokeing. Also, I makes sure to get a nice ring f grey around the foot as I toast these. They are so oily!

I like the Piranha's as a firecracker, and the Gol's for hanging out BBQ'ing, beach, etc, :D

Emo

tjm5019 said:
JAEwing said:

[snapback]275369[/snapback]​

Yeah I am not a big fan of the torp so mine was not the Samba. This was more like a Lonsdale vitola. ???

indyrob said:
[snapback]274127[/snapback]​

icon8.gif
Man, those are just TOO much nicotene for me. I thought for sure i was going to pass out 1/2 way through. They are tasty though.

Jeffro600 said:
indyrob said:
[snapback]274127[/snapback]​

icon8.gif
Man, those are just TOO much nicotene for me. I thought for sure i was going to pass out 1/2 way through. They are tasty though.
[snapback]275874[/snapback]​

I believe it is "nicotine"... :rolleyes:

JAEwing said:
tjm5019 said:
JAEwing said:

Yeah I am not a big fan of the torp so mine was not the Samba. This was more like a Lonsdale vitola. ???
[snapback]275870[/snapback]​

The Ipanema is 7x50.

I had a Piranha this weekend, and I was really disappointed in the draw. It was far, far too loose - it felt like I was smoking a cigarette. I got a ton of pepper taste, but it just felt too loose to really study it.

Is there anyway to remedy something like this?

Rumblin said:
I had a Piranha this weekend, and I was really disappointed in the draw. It was far, far too loose - it felt like I was smoking a cigarette. I got a ton of pepper taste, but it just felt too loose to really study it.

[snapback]276743[/snapback]​

Maybe the cigar was too dry?

-Rob

I have always exerienced a little bit looser draw with these smokes but they always put out tons of thick smoke.

Rumblin said:

[snapback]276743[/snapback]​

Ive found the same thing. They have a very loose draw thats sometimes too loose for some peoples taste. But then, id rather have the draw loose than have to suck on the thing like a milkshake through a straw!!

Zeebra said:
JAEwing said:
tjm5019 said:
JAEwing said:

[snapback]275870[/snapback]​

The Ipanema is 7x50.
[snapback]276190[/snapback]​

I saw it in my local shop a couple days ago it was the Lambada vitola that I enjoyed.