• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CAO Italia

Jeff B.

NWMSU Mafia Hitman
The size of this cigar is somewhat puzzling to me because on CAO's website the sizes they have listed are way bigger than the one I smoked, but the size is very similar to a Brazila Pirhana though, so roughly a 4.5 x 46 size.

This cigar has a Habanos seed binder and wrapper, both grown in Honduras and mixed fillers from Italy, Nicaragua, and Peru according to CAO's website.

I was excited to try this one, figuring the Italian element of the cigar would be an interesting experience. It certainly did not let me down. The cigar had a very rich flavor, notable hints of black cherry and spice. The flavor was very pleasant and sweet at the beginning...kind of mellowed out in the middle but intensified towards the end...excellent sweet and bold finish. It was a flavor profile that was pretty different from anything I have smoked in the past. I will definitely have a run-in with this cigar again sometime! As far as logistics go, draw was excellent, but had some slight burn issues throughout...I had to touch it up a few times.

I am a huge fan of the Brazilia, and I can't say that I like this one better just yet...I'll need to smoke a few more to be able to judge that effectively. Overall I would recommend this one for its interesting profile...very unique. Could become a new favorite! :thumbs:

You smoked the Novella. It was introduced at the RTDA show in August. It probably has not made it to the website yet.

Fantastic little cigar! I personally like them more than the Brazillias as they have a very similar taste, but dont give you a overdose of nicotene sending your head spinning for a loop!

Interesting! I'm not typically a CAO fan but I do love their Criollo line. This might be worth a shot.

Thanks for the review.

Wilkey