• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CAO New Release...

Great marketing again by CAO. If these turn out to be anywhere close to decent they're probably going to sell a TON of these cigars.

SO, any of yous guys at the RTDA got the poop on whit thesew ill hit the humi's and at what price point? Maybe you snaged one or 12 and have a review...

Thanks

Tim

SO, any of yous guys at the RTDA got the poop on whit thesew ill hit the humi's and at what price point? Maybe you snaged one or 12 and have a review...

Thanks

Tim

I got a hold of one of these from a friend and smoked it last night. Way better than I expected. Has anyone seen them online anywhere yet? When can we be expecting them?

Thanks

Tim

WTF.....Let me translate

So, any of you guys at the RTDA got the poop on when these will hit the humi's and at what price point?

Blatent coopting of our nation's flag to sell what will no doubt be an overpriced, substandard cigar. And by a company now based on forign soil no less. I will never buy or smoke these. (I don't smoke any of their products anyway as I have found them to be for the most part quite distasteful for some time).

Thanks

Tim

WTF.....Let me translate

So, any of you guys at the RTDA got the poop on when these will hit the humi's and at what price point?

Oh!~ Thats what you meant! :laugh:

In that case.. I'm not sure exactly when they will be released but the prices are...

$6.50 for Potomac 5x56
$7.70 for Momument 6.75x54
$8.50 for Landmark 6x60

Blatent coopting of our nation's flag to sell what will no doubt be an overpriced, substandard cigar. And by a company now based on forign soil no less. I will never buy or smoke these. (I don't smoke any of their products anyway as I have found them to be for the most part quite distasteful for some time).
Great idea, judging a cigar by it's band. No one cares when the Brazilia and Italia lines are released, but release an America line and you've obviously got an agenda!! And by a foreign company? Good god... I hope you're staying away from those foreigners in the Dominican Republic, Nicaragua and Honduras, too!!

Great idea, judging a cigar by it's band. No one cares when the Brazilia and Italia lines are released, but release an America line and you've obviously got an agenda!! And by a foreign company? Good god... I hope you're staying away from those foreigners in the Dominican Republic, Nicaragua and Honduras, too!!

You beat me to it J.
Its a good thing there are not a whole crap load of cigars with "Cuba" in their name that are not from somewhere other than Cuba, or we might just have an International Incident in the making...

On another note, they are priced under what I thought. I was prepared to pay 10-15 bucks a piece.

Tim

Actually a pretty tasty stick, and for the record CAO was an American company until early this year. They were planning this cigar long before they were purchased by a overseas company. I enjoy the Italia and Brazila line of cigars and the first release Soprano cigars are smoking great right now. Most of the cigars are rolled by Torano so the quality is there, just depends on flavor and opinion.

'Great idea, judging a cigar by it's band. No one cares when the Brazilia and Italia lines are released, but release an America line and you've obviously got an agenda!! And by a foreign company? Good god... I hope you're staying away from those foreigners in the Dominican Republic, Nicaragua and Honduras, too!!'

I'm unaware of any cigars coming out of the countries you listed capitalizing on our flag. I do not hail from Italy, nor from Brazil, therefore if a cigar company were to capitalize on their flag, while I might not respect it, I wouldn't feel offended by it the way that I do the America. And this from a company that goes far beyond the level of marketing hype normally put forth by cigar companies. Maybe they'll put them in a nice little neon humidor for you JHolmes. Bet you'd love that! I am not 'judging this cigar by it's [sic] band'. I am pointing out that this marks a new low for a company that stands far below others in terms of marketing schemes. My 'agenda', as you so antagonizingly put it, was to point this out, nothing more. Now I will say that I have not tasted a CAO cigar in the past eight years or so that was worth smoking twice, so I've pretty well distanced myself from their products. Therefore it did not occur to me that they were expanding their, 'Name A Cigar After A Country' line. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. It provides me the opportunity to point out that they are choosing to do this shortly after being acquired by a foreign interest. Perhaps this is merely a coincidence, but I do not believe that it is.