• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CAO Session Garage

Kart001

Hi everyone

Last weekend, I tried the CAO Session Garage a cigar from Dominican Republic. It was the 1st time with this cigar and I had a good time.

Wrapper color : Oscuro

Type : Robusto (even Double Robusto)

Pre light : mostly earthy and maybe a little barnyard

1st third : the aromas are very close to the prelight with the « earthy » softened by sweet savours (honey). I also sense chocolate’s notes. Eveyrhting is well balanced so a very good start !

2nd third : still earthy aromas softened by sweet aromas and the pepper is clearly coming. It’s becoming stronger and stronger during the smoke

3rd third : a little more bitterness can be perceived and the pepper is strong. Earthy aromas are still there but the sweet savours are almost gone. The cigar is a little more harsh but remains pleasant.

The draw and smoke production were good but the burn required multiple touch ups along the way to keep things burning evenly. The ash were holding well but didn’t really layer evenly.

What I liked :
  • very pleasant aromas
  • good balance
  • good density of the smoke
What I didn’t like :
  • a certain lack of variety
  • uneven burning
It wasn’t perfect for sure but I had a great time (and for a pretty much long time because it lasted around 2 hours) !

My rating will be 7/10.

Attachments

• 20201115_180757.gif
    20201115_180757.gif
    588.5 KB · Views: 5
Nice review, i smoked the same one last night actually. My experience was not quite the same. I will say I didn't dry box it which I think made a ton of difference. My burn was uneven like yours but mine wouldn't stay lit! I bet I had to relight the cigar 12 times and finally threw away the final 1/3 of the cigar. Did you dry box this before smoking it?? I should have used the perfect draw maybe to let more air through.

Another great review! Sounds like your typical CAO in its overall characteristics.

Nice review, i smoked the same one last night actually. My experience was not quite the same. I will say I didn't dry box it which I think made a ton of difference. My burn was uneven like yours but mine wouldn't stay lit! I bet I had to relight the cigar 12 times and finally threw away the final 1/3 of the cigar. Did you dry box this before smoking it?? I should have used the perfect draw maybe to let more air through.

Thx a lot for your nice comments

I did drybox it but not for a long time
I guess it improved a little anyway