• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CAO Sopranos

unkind

Hey guys.

I just have a quick question regarding the CAO Sopranos cigars.. Let me say that I live up in the big white north (Canada) so cigars up here are very expensive (200% import tax I think?) so I am not a huge cigar smoker, being a student and all too..

The only cigars I have smoked are just some Portagas minis, some Romeo Churchill's and Bolivar Churchill's.

Anyways, I am a big fan of the show and one of the only cigar shops here has the L.E. sampler for sale. I can't recall but I think there was 4 cigars of the different sizes.. They are selling for 125 dollars Canadian (around 100-110 U.S. I think.)

I know...really pricey.. but like I said, not a big cigar smoker so I'm thinking of treating myself and getting another for a Christmas gift. Is it worth it? I bet it is like 50 bucks more for the pack then anywhere else unfortunatly...slim pickings up here though :(

Would really like your guy's thoughts please! :)

There are better cigars out there than the Sopranos. The one I had, I wasn't impressed; overall bitter complex.

Not really superb cigars but in my honest opinion they are together with the Vison the better cigars from CAO. But way overpriced! You can spend this money on better cigars!!

I personally love the Sopranos cigars... but $100 for the sampler, yikes!

I didn't mind the Tony Sopranos edition, but definitely not worth $100 for the trunk sampler.

The Sopranno is one of my favorite if not my favorite CAO. $100 is a little pricey. B&M by me has them for 13 a stick.

Something I think a lot of people are missing is the fact of the Canadian taxes. It's not just these cigars that are double in price up there, it's essentially everything. The question: "Is it worth it?" is something only you can answer. As a nice Christmas gift to yourself, I say go for it.

Before ordering from there, maybe try to talk to some of the other Canadian members here, and see if they can recommend someplace in the US that would be able to ship it to you so you can save some money.

Something I think a lot of people are missing is the fact of the Canadian taxes. It's not just these cigars that are double in price up there, it's essentially everything. The question: "Is it worth it?" is something only you can answer. As a nice Christmas gift to yourself, I say go for it.

Before ordering from there, maybe try to talk to some of the other Canadian members here, and see if they can recommend someplace in the US that would be able to ship it to you so you can save some money.

I've bought a box of cigars from Cheap Humidors earlier this year and had them successfully shipped to Canada (by them, not a 3rd party) all while avoiding the additional taxes that would normally be applied to tobacco purchases. YMMV.