• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CAO Vision

I saw an advertisement for these online. Looks like they are sticking to what they know making cigars look fancy and not taste good. ;)

http://www.caocigars.com/cao_web/vision.html

I watched the video. How can you comment on what the cigar looks like when they hardly show the cigar itself? Or are you making a general statement about CAO itself?

Have you tried all of their lines? Do you not like any of what CAO has to offer? The Brazilia and the Cameroon lines are very tasty. But then taste is subjective.

No, actually CAO isn't that bad. I'm just being a jerk. I actually like Brazilia Amazon size, and CAO Maduro is pretty good too, I even don't mind Italia. I just think it's funny that they market there stuff to look cool, and new aged, and never really say much about the taste, the way they make them. I guess they just take a different approach than most cigar companies, it seems to be working. Sorry if I offended any CAO lovers ;)

CAO is a great middle of the road cigar. Construction is usually good and the taste is good too. The price however doesn’t seem to match the cigar’s middle of the road status so I typically don’t go for a CAO. I might try the vision just for the sake of trying but I doubt it will be worth the price.

What's so revolutionary about the packaging that it'll "change the way cigars are packaged"? They put them in a travel humidor...whoopie.

you gotta give props to their marketing department, they have some of the best in the industry. the cigar, well, we'll have to wait and see. certainly eye catching.

CAO is a great middle of the road cigar. Construction is usually good and the taste is good too. The price however doesn’t seem to match the cigar’s middle of the road status so I typically don’t go for a CAO. I might try the vision just for the sake of trying but I doubt it will be worth the price.

The MX2 is a great cigar, well worth the money, and tastes better then most premiums. Only problem is they are sometimes hard to find.

The MX2 is a great cigar, well worth the money, and tastes better then most premiums. Only problem is they are sometimes hard to find.

That's all a matter of opinion. I've had the MX2 and while I thought it was good, there's no way I would choose it over a padron or fuente.

you gotta give props to their marketing department, they have some of the best in the industry. the cigar, well, we'll have to wait and see. certainly eye catching.

They should spend more money on the cigars and less on the marketing and the cigars would market themselves.

Just curious ... how long have you been smoking cigars?

According to the CAO folks at the RTDA in New Orleans last year...they will be even harder to find. They have not been able to keep up production on this cigar and they are not making the profit that they would like. The double maduro (wrapper and binder) is costing them considerably more than they anticipated. I would not be surprised to see this cigar slowly phased out. Just my 0.02, however, based on what was discussed.

As for the Vision, I'll be able to offer an opinion of this cigar in just over a month. :thumbs:

Smoke 2 moontrances? I can handle the hair shirt, but 2 moontrances? I'm sorry, if I do it I may just die from crappiness. ;)

They should spend more money on the cigars and less on the marketing and the cigars would market themselves.

ehh me or occifer143 ?

ehh me or occifer143 ?

occifer

Isn't the MX2 the one that is frequently smoked on the Sopranos?
That may account for the "popularity" and hard to find status?

Isn't the MX2 the one that is frequently smoked on the Sopranos?
That may account for the "popularity" and hard to find status?

dunno, my shop always has mx2's to be honest I like the cx2 more then the mx2 anyhow.

I don't like Mx2 or Cx2, you can find a waayyyyy better cigar for the price, JMO.