• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CAO?

carddoug

Banned
Hi it's a been awhile since i've been on the cigar forums(in usually on the pipe forums). Anyway I bought a CAO Mx2 today and wondered what you all thought of it. Is it worth the 5$ i payed for it?

Hi it's a been awhile since i've been on the cigar forums(in usually on the pipe forums). Anyway I bought a CAO Mx2 today and wondered what you all thought of it. Is it worth the 5$ i payed for it?

I love the Mx2's, more so than the Camacho Triple Maduro. Pick up the Box Press version, I think it is ten times better than the already delicious round Mx2's.

I bought a box of MX2 Belicosos... only lit one up so far, but I really enjoyed it. Burn was even, flavours were full and dynamic, and it lasted a long time.

To be honest I've never had one before but everytime I go to my fav lounge I see them and I want to grab one because they look good. I guess I'll have to keep reading the replies to see what others have to say. Suggestion: Try to enjoy it with a dark alcohol and take your time

Really liked mine
It was of a very strong chocolate, nutty taste with a cedar nose, the sweet wasn't as cane sugar "clear" like the Camacho Triple Maduro or the Ashton VSG Cabinet, but definitely a great smoke, even and constant till the end!
Go nub it!

I wrote a review on the CAO Mx2 HERE, sorry I didn't think to post it earlier.

Pick up the Box Press version, I think it is ten times better than the already delicious round Mx2's.

This is true. CAO uses the best tobacco for their first release cigars in their pretty layouts. I tried the Italia and I got a deep sweetness similar to a vanilla bean.

Pick up the Box Press version, I think it is ten times better than the already delicious round Mx2's.

This is true. CAO uses the best tobacco for their first release cigars in their pretty layouts. I tried the Italia and I got a deep sweetness similar to a vanilla bean.
Try the soprano edition!
That's where i picked up vanilla =)

I am not familiar with the soprano edition. I will need to do a little research. :)

Sounds like I am the odd man out, but I did not care for the MX2. Hopefully you will though.

I love the Mx2. One of the first cigars I really appreciated and it's got a permanent spot in my collection. Recently tried the box press with an deep, rich, oatmeal stout. Worth the money (incidentally, about $6.50 by the stick if I recall at my closest shop). I'm debating a box. :thumbs:

edit: added price comment

I am not a big fan of the Mx2. I tried them a few times when they first came out and they where not for me. Only way you can figure out if it is worth the $5 you paid for it is to smoke it yourself and see if you enjoy it.

Make sure you do give it its fair share of down time in your humidor if you don't know its past.

I am not familiar with the soprano edition. I will need to do a little research. :)

I read about these a couple of months ago and I've been dying to try one ever since. I can't seem to find them at a local B&M, so it looks like I'll have to order them from Famous or somewhere. I don't know if it's true or not but a buddy of mine was telling me that CAO made all of the cigars smoked on the Soprano's. Either way this cigar is definatly on my to try list.

I read about these a couple of months ago and I've been dying to try one ever since. I can't seem to find them at a local B&M, so it looks like I'll have to order them from Famous or somewhere. I don't know if it's true or not but a buddy of mine was telling me that CAO made all of the cigars smoked on the Soprano's. Either way this cigar is definatly on my to try list.
Well here is the thing... all the soprano I found at the B&M was in the $20... I mean its nice but not $20 nice!
Do you guys know if the CAO soprano filler could be found on another CAO cigar?
In other word what other CAO taste like the Soprano... I mean its good I would smoke it again and buy a box if it was 4 to 5 bucks a stick

You could check out CI:

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/prodDisp.asp?item=CS-SQA&cat=3

I am not sure if CAO sends better shipments to the B&M compared to the mags.

I love the Mx2's, more so than the Camacho Triple Maduro. Pick up the Box Press version, I think it is ten times better than the already delicious round Mx2's.

I agree. I always like the CAO MX2 over some of the other Maduros.

-Gianni-

Sounds like I am the odd man out, but I did not care for the MX2. Hopefully you will though.

Not as far as I am concerned. I never did like the Mx2, but I do like the Lx2 alot.

I didn't care for the MX2 much, but for $5 it doesn't hurt. I enjoyed the LX2 much more.