• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Carbon Copy P

gatorsmg

Here Fishy, Fishy
Anyone ever hear of the Carbon Copy Ps?

They are advertised as equivalent to the Padron Anniversarios. I can't figure out who makes these or if they might be worth it. The current deal is a box of 25 torpedos for $60.

Factory Direct Cigars

If anyone orders them and splits 'em up,,, I'll try em. Don't usually buy "alt" smokes anymore. They're not usually worth smoking, but I'll bite.

They used to be called Carbon Copy X's until Carlos and Carlito hauled 'em into court and made 'em yell Uncle.

I bought a box awhile back and have been slipping them into newbie samplers recently.
Nuff said? :0

gatorsmg said:
Anyone ever hear of the Carbon Copy Ps?

They are advertised as equivalent to the Padron Anniversarios. I can't figure out who makes these or if they might be worth it. The current deal is a box of 25 torpedos for $60.

Factory Direct Cigars
I had a five pack of this exact cigar (in torpedo). I smoked one and the other four got given away. This cigar could not taste less like any Padron I ever smoked. This stick has the heavy flavor of cheap-ass honduran tobacco* which I have come to dislike in particular and had none of the flavor or quality of any padron product I've had - let alone the anni's.

One thing though - the construction is what got me to buy a handful... they do actually have a similar feel in the hand (that very very solid feel and slightly waxy wrapper, etc) as padron's - but that's where the similarity ended.

Your mileage may vary - and keep in mind I only smoked one - so this opinion doesn't have much data beneath it... I have seen online reviews of people that do like these, but have never seen one of someone who thinks it tastes like a padron.

Cheers,

- Oak

* How come everything Matt R. says proves to be true after a few months of actually paying more attention...? Damn Fogs and their overwhelming rightness... :angry:

:sign:

I had some "knock offs" from cigarbid, they were supposed to be Padron Anni. alt's. They were not. BUT: They were not terrible, and for the $1.50 or so ea, they were "ok" cigars... but in all fairness it was a loooooooooooong time ago when I got them. I don't think Cigarbid sells thems anymore?

I've given up on finding a good cheap daily cigar. If you have to, Smoke less and smoke better- that's what I say :thumbs:

Toaster Posted
Smoke less and smoke better- that's what I say

That's pretty much where I'm at right now. Not because I don't want to spend the money but since I don't always have the time or desire to be a daily smoker. I figure if I'm only going to smoke 2 or 3 cigars a week they should be good ones ;)

Of course I'm always willing to try new sticks if I think they might be good that's why I was curious about these.

Thanks for the input fellas. :thumbs: