• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Casa Cuba, Flor Fina, Santiago, Doble Seis

Smokemorestressless

Hello,

New around here, but jumping in and enjoying it.

I am smoking a few cigars a week, and realizing I truly enjoy a wide variety of flavors, and experiences. Found this cigar by accident at a local B&M shop/lounge. There was an old looking box with 5 or 6 cigars left in it. Each cigar was cellophane wrapped. While the cellophane wasn't yellow, it showed some age and made me think this could be a rare opportunity. The person working said no one has bought one in the years she has worked there.

The 1st one had beetle holes in it, but no tobacco dust in the cellophane, this got thrown away. None of the other cigars showed signs of beetles. I smoked one and got 3 to keep. I have put the 3 in a ziplock, then a tupperware. It went in the fridge for a day. And now the freezer for 3 days. Will go back in the fridge for a day on the way out. And live in a tupperware with boveda 69%. The B&M told me to do this to guarantee any beetles that could be on the remaining 3 get killed. I would hate to contaminate my other cigars, so even after freezing these will live in a seperate tupperware from the others.

I really enjoyed it. Balanced, sweet, some rich spices, some sharp/ peppery spices, tobacco,
a couple bitter draws most of the way through, then finished awesome. I would call it a medium strength.

Is there a checklist or cheat sheet for cigar reviewing process? As of now the terminology for what I taste/ experience eludes me.

20220308_004111.jpg20220308_004129.jpg

Nothing formal no, but you can read a lot of the reviews people have done and get a pretty good idea how other people do it. Some guys use a a flavor wheel, some guys get stranger flavors..... @cabaiguan juan
1646755123534.png

That's an Arturo Fuente cigar, the Casa Cuba. They are supposed to be a limited release to be sold only in person at walk-in B&M locations. Story goes it was the last blend Fuente Sr. did before he died.
Oh wow, thats good info. I think I'll go back and buy the last 2 they had.

Have you ever had one? Of so what was your impression?

My bottim line: I loved it.

I was fortunate enough to buy a box of the Double Cinco (5 x 50), so yeah, I like them. To me they are maybe a little more reserved than the other Fuente cigars I smoke, but I still have to fight off the urge to smoke them with abandon.

Oh wow, thats good info. I think I'll go back and buy the last 2 they had.

Have you ever had one? Of so what was your impression?

My bottim line: I loved it.
I really enjoyed these. Letting a few rest to see how they will smoke with 3-4 months of age on them. By the way those who want to buy these they are readily available at Tampa sweethearts

That's where I got mine, said they'd sell them as long as the store was on lockdown - no sense having a walk-in only version if you are closed to walk-in traffic. He said several of the Fuente clan were getting up there in age and they didn't want to risk exposing them to covid. I don't know if they are still locked down, but I see they now have box prices for 2 different sizes, the Doble Cinco was the only one with a box price when I bought mine.

Last edited:
Not sure how old the ones I have are exactly. But the current b&m owner said they have been there at least 3 years. Here is a picture of the color on the cellophane.

Attachments

• 20220308_155004.jpg
    20220308_155004.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 4
From doing some reading it sounds like there was a limited release in 2013, and a full release in 2017 after Fuente's passing.

Not sure how old the ones I have are exactly. But the current b&m owner said they have been there at least 3 years. Here is a picture of the color on the cellophane.
You have got to twist it... Maybe shape it into something or tie a knot in it. Get fancy with your yellow cello. Just ask our resident expert @cohibasurfer

4fdb98ca69beddba21000015.jpeg