• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cats enjoy cigars?

smokintexas

What have I gotton myself into?!
So this isn't something new, rather something I just remembered. When I smoke cigars its always on the patio, and normally when I'm smoking our two bengal cats (named Calvin and Hobbs) lounge on the patio with me. After a few times of just lounging around paying no attention to me, one day they caught the scent of the cigar and it seemed to peak their interest. They walked over to me, jumped on my lap, and were sniffing the cigar in my hand. I decided to take a puff and exhale a bit in their direction (not in their face, i'm not cruel!) and they really liked it. I thought it was funny but didn't think too much of it. Some time had passed, and one of our friends had a baby and he gifted everyone with a yardgar (can't recall the name) to commemorate the birth. I completely forgot the cigar was in my pocket. The next day I came home to a completely destroyed cigar that was shredded on the floor. I was stunned! I guess the little guys want to let off some steam every now and then too!

Cigars = fermented catnip maybe?

Throw them an LFD Double Ligero and see if they like that. Thankfully that was just a yardgar. Hope they don't develop a taste for Opus or God of Fire...

Cigars = fermented catnip maybe?

Throw them an LFD Double Ligero and see if they like that. Thankfully that was just a yardgar. Hope they don't develop a taste for Opus or God of Fire...

Haha, luckily for me their palates aren't developed enough to request the Opus' or God of Fire's. I myself have never had one of them either, but maybe I shouldn't get any because then they'll see what a real cigar tastes like.

Oh, and you should see them on catnip, they go freaking crazy, its some funny stuff.

Edit: This is a video of them after they enjoyed some catnip. I had some spare time on my hands when I made the video.. Haha. :blush:

My wife has a Miniature Dauschand that will sit at my office door & whine everytime I smoke a cigar.I let him in & he will jump on my lap & sit there sniffing the air while I smoke my cigar.

When I open my Aristocrat, they come running!....all 3 of them. They know the sound of the magnetic closure. When I slide one of the shelves out they have their noses all over the boxes and I have to hold them back...and when I open the top singles drawer, they jump on top of the humi and hang down until their noses are almost touching the cigars.

It's all funny as hell until I loose a good cigar....then they'll be General Tsao's Chicken.

I once had a cat Princess that LOVED the scent of domestic cigars...yes, the fuente variety...turned her little nose up at an ISOM, but you blew a little smoke in her direction and she was ALL over you.

Scarlet has been known to be a little of a "smoke slut" too. Leo could care less as long as I am petting him.

Melly

My dog has always run from my cigar smoke. Whenever I throw a party, or just hang out with friends at my house, we usually end up sitting on my front steps. We've got these big marble steps and hanging outside is a baltimore thing (Baltimore is "famous" for it's marble steps see here for an example of the steps I'm talking about). I'll sit in the open door way and pet the dog. I smoke cigars on my front step too so when I sit down the dog usually comes over to see what I'm doing. I'll pet him for a little bit, but when I light the cigar, he runs back inside to hide. He stayed out with me once, but a bit of smoke blew his way. He sneezed a bunch and then ran inside. Since then he'll hide if I smoke a stogie.

Our cat Oreo loves when I smoke a cigar she will sit there and smell the smoke all the time she comes running anytime I light up a maduro I guess she takes after her daddy lol rp

Our car Oreo loves when I smoke a cigar she will sit there and smell the smoke all the time she comes running anytime I light up a maduro I guess she takes after her daddy lol rp

You gotta come up with a better name than "Oreo" for your car.

I would actually consider going to that island if someone needs a stand-in!!

Melly the Angel :blush:

lol sorry about the typo but hell she is about as big as a car any more dam fat cat rp

I have a Bengal cat too, and she loves cigars. She likes it when I'm smoking a pipe too, but she doesn't seem to care for aromatics. Heh, she's not the only one, but the do have their place from time to time. I have another cat too, just a mixed up house cat, and she stays away while smoke is in the air. I thought it was funny, bt really never thought that much more about it.