• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CCNA

Oh yeah forgot to mention this...If you don't pass Cisco is offering a free retake. I got this last week in an email form Cisco:

12 March 2009

Reminder: Take a risk-free Cisco CCNA Concentrations exam and differentiate yourself with advanced skills.

If you don't pass the first time, retake your exam for free.*

"As a CCNA networking professional, Cisco would like to offer you a risk-free way to differentiate yourself with advanced skills. Register and take any of the three CCNA Concentration exams, CCNA Voice, CCNA Security or CCNA Wireless, at the regular price, and—if you don’t succeed on your first try—you’ll get a free second opportunity to pass the exam. To learn more or sign up for an exam, visit: www.pearsonvue.com/cisco/Specialize.
So, what’s holding you back?
Because Cisco certifications are an investment in your future, we’re offering you a way to help secure your investment. Register now to take any Cisco CCNA Concentration certification exam at the regular price, and—if you need it—you’ll get a retake exam for FREE!*. Both exams must be taken by July 20th, 2009, so sign up now! "

Art

**edit for grammar check

First, I would recommend taking the test all at once. Be ready, the passing score is like 850 or something if I remember correctly.

Having IT certifications helps you when you are looking for a job. The problem with them though, is clearly visible here, and that is the number of brain dumps that are out there. This is evident by the number of people who offered to send you stuff.

For the test, if you have some hands on and you know the IOS, OSI Model, subnetting, basic routing and switching, you should be okay. Just take your time, weed out the obvious wrong choices and select the "best" answer.

Good luck.

Well good news everyone. I passed! It was def a hard test. Although I liked the fact that they dont test you on memorized facts. They really test you on your knowledge and understanding of the topic. I had to think logically about subnetting, not just doing the calculations based on a simple question.

I'm going to start studying for part 2 and hopefully have my ccna before I leave country.

Victory cigar for me tonight!

Congratulations on passing and good luck with the second one.
Subnetting will also be a big part of that one.