• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cellophane Cigar Wrappers aging

meiji

Which way should i age my cigars in the wrapper or not? I keep hearing some say to keep it on and some say to take it off if.
You wanna age it properly. Help?

Day 1 and 2 with cello on , day 3 with cello off laying on counter. Day 4 goes into a vinegar bath for 24-48 hours , pull out of vinegar and smoke

Cello on or cello off! That is the question....... It's a good one! I don't think anyone has ever asked that one before. Hmmmmmm? 🤔
Use the search feature newb!:cool:

Ahhhh, the good old days ...... when we would fill page after page with subjects like "cello on".

I take the cigar out of the cello, then wrap the cello around the outside of the cigar, barber pole style. Then, when you smoke it (take the cello off at this point), you can taste the blending of the cello on and cello off flavors.

I think it’s a great question, regardless of how many times it’s been answered there will constantly be new BOTL/SOTL who want to know.

Personally, I take the majority of my cigars out of the cello for storage because:
1. In the dry weather of Vegas it’s easier to get away with (mold)
2. I use traditional, high quality Humidors
3. I monitor the RH closely and my Humidors rarely exceed 67-69%
4. I like the way it looks
5. I have OCD

The only caveat is certain boxes I am storing/aging long term, if they came with cello they stay with cello, and my Audew Coolidor. The Audew fridge, even though I have it unplugged, has had mold issues in the past with un-cello’d cigars. It’s safer to store them in that environment with the cello.

Finally, I found this video to be well done describing this question. There are TONS out there going over this, however this dude uses some hard data that allows us as consumers to make more educated decisions.

Solid question!

I think it’s a great question, regardless of how many times it’s been answered there will constantly be new BOTL/SOTL who want to know.

Personally, I take the majority of my cigars out of the cello for storage because:
5. I have OCD

The only caveat is certain boxes I am storing/aging long term, if they came with cello they stay with cello, and my Audew Coolidor. The Audew fridge, even though I have it unplugged, has had mold issues in the past with un-cello’d cigars. It’s safer to store them in that environment with the cello.

Finally, I found this video to be well done describing this question. There are TONS out there going over this, however this dude uses some hard data that allows us as consumers to make more educated decisions.

Solid question!
This video is age restricted @H. Vachon. You won’t be able to watch it, I don’t think

5. I have OCD

Solid question!
Thanks man. I have a electric humiditor since it controll the tempature and humidity im unsure if i have to keep the cello on? since i open it very often. i dont wanna risk getting mold or anything. what would you recomend for me? I have the NEEDONE Humidor 23L.

Thanks man. I have a electric humiditor since it controll the tempature and humidity im unsure if i have to keep the cello on? since i open it very often. i dont wanna risk getting mold or anything. what would you recomend for me? I have the NEEDONE Humidor 23L.
My suggestion would be the keep the cello on in a temp controlled humidor that intakes ambient air and cools/heats it to maintain temperature.
There’s truly no reason to remove it to be in the fridge.

The consensus after hundreds of pages of discussion about this many many years ago, was .....

"if it comes with cello leave it in cello, if it doesn't, leave it bare"
Cool man when i searched for it i just found a bunch of post talking about mold 😅
Appreciate it man

5. I have OCD

Solid question!
Who are you, and why are you ruining our fun!