• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Chateau Fuente King-B taste ?

andrewhac

Andrew Hac Nguyen
Has any one here tried the Chateau Fuente King-B yet ? What is it taste like ? Is it something that one (meaning me...) must have ? I heard that they have a Rosado wrapper, so is it heavy like the Opus-X ? I am thinking of getting a box but would like to hear some tasting opinions first before putting down the dough...

Thank you again for your input... :D

Didnt care for them at all. I still have 4 I am sitting on in hopes they do get better. But I dont have much hopes for this one. :laugh:

I prefer the AF Cuban Belicoso over the King B hands down for now. Once the other 4 age with at least a year on them, I will probably smoke one and see how its turning out.

Tastes like Sun Grown goodness to me!
If you like the 858SG or the Cuban Beli SG go for it!

-Rob

It tastes like more like an 858SG IMO than an opusx; I recently had one with a little age on it and it was fantastic. Would highly recommend trying it.

The ones I smoked this year were pretty decent, but a little age would probably really improve on them. As Mr. Peat stated earlier, I'd rather smoke a Sungrown Cuban Beli too!

On a side note, there was this odd sticky tar stuff on the wrapper that I wasn't able to identify. It smoked right down, so nothing to worry about. Has anyone else noticed that?

The ones I smoked this year were pretty decent, but a little age would probably really improve on them. As Mr. Peat stated earlier, I'd rather smoke a Sungrown Cuban Beli too!

On a side note, there was this odd sticky tar stuff on the wrapper that I wasn't able to identify. It smoked right down, so nothing to worry about. Has anyone else noticed that?

Cedar sap... more than one person has complained about it on the KBs.

I smoked two when they were fresh and they had a lot of cedar sap on them and they were just damn...good. Now, I smoked another one about 2 weeks ago and it was so damn fantastic that I cried. Yup...right in the middle of a group of cigar smoking men...I cried. It was that good with only 2 months on it...

-Fetter

I smoked 2 when they first came out and was disappointed. They were over humidified and smoke very wet. They turned bitter halfway through so I pitched them. I'll try them again in six months to see how they are doing. It should be a great smoke with some age and some drying.

I loved the flavor of them but, like Master, found them to be too wet and had to constantly touch them up with the lighter. I bought a couple boxes to let sit for a while and hopefully they'll get better. I have high hopes for this new cigar.

Also, the King B does not have the Rosado Opus X wrapper; that was just a rumor from before they were released as far as I can find out. Can you find a box of these locally?

Also, the King B does not have the Rosado Opus X wrapper; that was just a rumor from before they were released as far as I can find out. Can you find a box of these locally?

Right, the Rosado wrapper on the King B's is actually grown in Ecuador by the Olivas... it's not Dominican-grown Opus X wrapper.

Just had one today - waited for about 3 months because I heard bad things about the first release. It was a nice cigar - very flavorful - but nothing spectacular. I didn't have any problems with bitterness, or having any trouble keeping it lit. A little tastier than the Cuban Belicosos, IMO.

It is definitely a cigar that is smokeable, but I would not go crazy paying ungodly prices for it...

I'm with George - I let mine sit for awhile because they shipped pretty wet. Smoked one a few weeks ago. Nothing special and, IMO, not worth going out of your way to find/buy. THe AF Cuban Beli SGs and 858 SGs were much better IMO. The King B was a bit bland compared to those two cigars. Good, but not AS good as the Cuban Beli and 858 SGs.

The AF Cuban Beli SGs and 858 SGs were much better IMO. The King B was a bit bland compared to those two cigars. Good, but not AS good as the Cuban Beli and 858 SGs.

Good luck finding the 858 SG's though...much easier to find the King B's.

-Fetter

The AF Cuban Beli SGs and 858 SGs were much better IMO. The King B was a bit bland compared to those two cigars. Good, but not AS good as the Cuban Beli and 858 SGs.

-Fetter

I'd say they are both equal in terms of "rarity" and cost. I can't walk into a store and find King Bs sitting on the shelf, just like 858 SGs.

-Fetter

I'd say they are both equal in terms of "rarity" and cost. I can't walk into a store and find King Bs sitting on the shelf, just like 858 SGs.

See...I've never seen the 858 SG's, but I can buy King B'd whenever I want one.

-Fetter

-Fetter

See...I've never seen the 858 SG's, but I can buy King B'd whenever I want one.

-Fetter
I see 858 SG's every time I open my humidor! :laugh:

Has any one here tried the Chateau Fuente King-B yet ? What is it taste like ? Is it something that one (meaning me...) must have ? I heard that they have a Rosado wrapper, so is it heavy like the Opus-X ? I am thinking of getting a box but would like to hear some tasting opinions first before putting down the dough...

Thank you again for your input... :D

Must say I've tried the King B recently after sitting it for awhile and it was great.

Just had one today - waited for about 3 months because I heard bad things about the first release. It was a nice cigar - very flavorful - but nothing spectacular. I didn't have any problems with bitterness, or having any trouble keeping it lit. A little tastier than the Cuban Belicosos, IMO.

It is definitely a cigar that is smokeable, but I would not go crazy paying ungodly prices for it...

I share this same sentiment. Good tasty cigar, but for the price i think i'll stick to my Hemingways.

-Zach

Back