• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cheaphumidors.com......

eruption

Hi,

Has anyone ordered through them?

I placed an order for a humidor from them last Friday and paid for "rush" handling. On their website, it showed my order status as still pending. Sent an email...no response.

Just curious if anyone has had any dealings with them...hopefully good.

Thanks,

Kevin
Marietta, GA

I ordered a desktop from them a couple of years ago, and got great service. Might try a phone call....??

Good luck - B.B.S.

Tried the phone...got a recording.

Said if order was placed via internet, send an email.

Kevin

I ordered my humi through them (imperfects) about a month ago. Came within a few days and not a thing wrong with it. I went to put the analog hygro in the hole on top and broke the glass on it (the hygro) pushing it down (duh)!! I sent email explaining what I did and they sent another in a couple days. The one they sent? Broke! lol So, I sent another note telling them thanks for sending and that I would pay for the next one. Two days later, another one in the mail, this time not broken.

Good people if you ask me!

Greg

Hi,

I placed an order for a humidor from them last Friday and paid for "rush" handling. On their website, it showed my order status as still pending. Sent an email...no response.

Thanks,

Kevin
Marietta, GA

I've ordered my last 2 humi's from them and it went great (got a free otter box with the last one) I'm surprised they haven't gotten back to you. Hopefully it will come in soon.

I placed an order with them just recently. I paid for standard shipping, and received it much, much quicker than I expected. I'll order from them again.

I got my humi from them within a week. I broke that hygrometer and they replaced it for free.

Did you try sales@cheaphumidors.com?

As of right now I wouldn't recommend cheaphumidors.com to anyone. I've had my humidor from them for a couple months and even though my humidity is reading 70-75, my cigars are still drying out. I sent the email below and received the following response.

MY EMAIL to cheaphumidors.com

I recently purchased one of your humidors and I'm having troubles keeping my cigars at the correct humidity.

The humidor came with an analog hygrometer and I also have a digital one as well. Both are reading 70-75% humidity and the digital reads 70%F.

But for some reason my cigars are drying out. I do notice that my lid has a slight warp to it and it doesn't sit flush on the right side. When I press down on the corner of the lid, where it doesn't sit flush, the lid rocks a little bit.

I wonder if a little air is getting in causing my cigars to dry out even though it's reading at an optimal humidity.

One other thing that I've noticed is that I can smell the inside of the humidor from the top glass (see invoice for model). It seems like the smell is coming from one of the corners of the glass. I wonder if air might be getting in from there like it is from the warped lid.

I've got a precious stash and I'm very disappointed that my cigars are drying out in such a nice humidor.

THEIR EMAIL RESPONSE

Humidity is a very hard thing to control. You are basically playing God in a small space. So many variables effect humidity, including weather conditions, heat, frequency of opening the humidor, etc. Most people really freak out about humidity and worry if they are not exactly at 70%. Truth be told, 70% is a little too humid for most people to enjoy a cigar. The mid to low 60s is a much better range, with Europeans actually preferring humidity in the high 50s.

That being said you should gauge your humidity more on the feel and smokeablility of your cigars, than the hygrometer numbers. Keep in mind that if you are using an analog hygrometer more often than not your reading, even after calibration is off. You see analogs measure humidity by a bi-metal that expands or contracts. This process albeit archaic, is also very slow to respond, and innacurate as heck. A digital hygrometer, that has been calibrated correctly is your best tool to determine humidity.

As stated before, there are so many variables that effect humidity it is hard to have a failsafe way to bring your humidity up to your desires level. Suffice it to say that adding an alternative humidity source, like a dish of distilled water, or very, very carefully wiping the insides down with distilled water are both acceptable means to increase humidity. You will notice that in the winter time you will chase humidity much more frequently as the air is drier. In the summer it will be much easier to maintain, and of course in the Spring and Fall, transition months, you will somedays be ok, and other days have problems.

Again, don't be too concerned with the numbers, go more for feel. All of our humidors are tested for humidity control, seal, etc.

I'm not sure why my cigars are drying out but cheaphumidors.com didn't seem to care. My questions about air getting in weren't addressed. They don't have phone support and when you call they tell you to email. All I wanted to know is why my cigars are drying out when my hygrometers are reading 70-75 percent humidity? There is obviously something wrong if my cigars are drying out at that humidity. So this is why I wouldn't recommend cheaphumidors.com to anyone.

As of right now I wouldn't recommend cheaphumidors.com to anyone. I've had my humidor from them for a couple months and even though my humidity is reading 70-75, my cigars are still drying out. I sent the email below and received the following response.

MY EMAIL to cheaphumidors.com

I recently purchased one of your humidors and I'm having troubles keeping my cigars at the correct humidity.

The humidor came with an analog hygrometer and I also have a digital one as well. Both are reading 70-75% humidity and the digital reads 70%F.

But for some reason my cigars are drying out. I do notice that my lid has a slight warp to it and it doesn't sit flush on the right side. When I press down on the corner of the lid, where it doesn't sit flush, the lid rocks a little bit.

I wonder if a little air is getting in causing my cigars to dry out even though it's reading at an optimal humidity.

One other thing that I've noticed is that I can smell the inside of the humidor from the top glass (see invoice for model). It seems like the smell is coming from one of the corners of the glass. I wonder if air might be getting in from there like it is from the warped lid.

I've got a precious stash and I'm very disappointed that my cigars are drying out in such a nice humidor.

THEIR EMAIL RESPONSE

Humidity is a very hard thing to control. You are basically playing God in a small space. So many variables effect humidity, including weather conditions, heat, frequency of opening the humidor, etc. Most people really freak out about humidity and worry if they are not exactly at 70%. Truth be told, 70% is a little too humid for most people to enjoy a cigar. The mid to low 60s is a much better range, with Europeans actually preferring humidity in the high 50s.

That being said you should gauge your humidity more on the feel and smokeablility of your cigars, than the hygrometer numbers. Keep in mind that if you are using an analog hygrometer more often than not your reading, even after calibration is off. You see analogs measure humidity by a bi-metal that expands or contracts. This process albeit archaic, is also very slow to respond, and innacurate as heck. A digital hygrometer, that has been calibrated correctly is your best tool to determine humidity.

As stated before, there are so many variables that effect humidity it is hard to have a failsafe way to bring your humidity up to your desires level. Suffice it to say that adding an alternative humidity source, like a dish of distilled water, or very, very carefully wiping the insides down with distilled water are both acceptable means to increase humidity. You will notice that in the winter time you will chase humidity much more frequently as the air is drier. In the summer it will be much easier to maintain, and of course in the Spring and Fall, transition months, you will somedays be ok, and other days have problems.

Again, don't be too concerned with the numbers, go more for feel. All of our humidors are tested for humidity control, seal, etc.

I'm not sure why my cigars are drying out but cheaphumidors.com didn't seem to care. My questions about air getting in weren't addressed. They don't have phone support and when you call they tell you to email. All I wanted to know is why my cigars are drying out when my hygrometers are reading 70-75 percent humidity? There is obviously something wrong if my cigars are drying out at that humidity. So this is why I wouldn't recommend cheaphumidors.com to anyone.

Seems like a pretty accurate and reasonable response to me? What is the problem?

Are you referring to cheaperhumidors?

Also:

1) Have tyou tried multiple hydrometers?
2) Have you tested the hydrometer in question(what type is it)?
3) What type of humidor did you get - how do others like it?
4) Is the device near a heat or light(heat) source?
5) Is the room a 'dry' place?

...and....If you want to send me the Hydro - I'll check it against mine....but a bag or salt test should do you just fine.

Jsut to let you know, I have 4 Hydro's in my humi - they all read a little different depending on positioning.

Seems like a pretty accurate and reasonable response to me? What is the problem?

They never addressed my concerns about warpage or the glass top not being sealed correctly, allowing air to seep in.

And if what he's saying about the cigars being able to be humidified as low as the high 50's is true, then why are my cigars drying out? My hygrometer would have to be off by 10-15-20% to make it to the high 50's.

If I were to go off of how my cigars feel...they feel pretty damn dry and they have the dry/stale sizzle when I smoke them. The extra crunch is nice as well.

I have placed several orders with them for a humidor and supplies with no problems.

" I do notice that my lid has a slight warp to it and it doesn't sit flush on the right side. When I press down on the corner of the lid, where it doesn't sit flush, the lid rocks a little bit."

Dang ...I glazzed right over this.

If after you test your hydro again...you stiil feel wronged....then return it.

I'm sure you'll be taken care of - oh, when did you get it?

Hi,

Thanks,

Kevin
Marietta, GA

Kevin, I ordered a humidor from them last year and encountered the same problem with the pending order. I called them and got a prompt response and it turned out that the issue was with my credit card company and the card had been declined. Apparently, my purchase was not in line with my previous purchases with this card and this raised some kind of flag with the credit card company. Once I got that straightened out, I received my order fairly quickly. And, no problems with the humi holding humidity. So, I'm a satisfied customer.

Guys,

Since I started this thread, I figured I would follow up. First, cheaphumidors.com has worked out great and bent over backwards to answer all questions once I got in touch.

Here's the scoop...My wife ordered a large 3000ct humi from her friends house using her friends email address and phone #, but our credit card.

Second, she changed the original humidor order to a different, more expensive humidor that would better match our living room decort. It was on back order, but the original order was not. When I posted all this I didn't know the facts above. Just knew she ordered a humidor for Christmas from them.

After talking to someone from cheaphumidorslast week I was told that my "backordered" humidor was in port at Tampa, just waiting to clear customs. It has since cleared customs, been packed, and is on it's way to our house.

So cheaphumidors has been great!
Wife's been awesome. Just using friends email and phone # made for some confusion on my part, but all appears to have work out well.

Kevin

I would agree. My first ever cigar/humi order was from them. I received it the same day that I received the "your order has been shipped" email from fedex. I got 5 Gurkha Fuerte's in the sampler that I bought and all of them split. I called to let them know that this had happened. I didn;t ask for anything because I figured it was fault for waiting so long to contact them when the first ones split. They sent me 5 more without even telling me! I would recommend them. As for the warped lid, given the cahnce I am sure they are doing whatever possible to make it right.

Nick

Bought my 3,000 capacity humidor from them about 2 years ago. Great service and follow up. Have since orchestrated a group buy on another board using them. Again, nary a worry. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. Oh, and the 3,000 count humi get filled frighteningly quick!! LOL

I actually just got my 300 count from them today. It looks like the bottom cedar layer is cracked and there looks to be a good gap in between the pieces of wood where they meet along the whole inside of the humidor. I've begun to season it today. I hope that it holds humidity since my last 100 count I got from them didn't, and still doesn't. I too sent an e-mail, and got the same pre-wrote response as above. It will really be unfortunate if the seals are screwed up on this one as it was 21lbs and definitely won't be cheap to send back. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and hope for the bet.

They never addressed my concerns about warpage or the glass top not being sealed correctly, allowing air to seep in.

My fault, I missed that part somehow. I wouldn't be unrealistic that your hygros could be that far off though. I have an analog one on one of my desktops that reads 35 when it is actually 65. I'd definitely get a digital one and calibrate it.