• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Check out what's going on at Cigar Weekly

DaveWF

Official CP Entertainment
I was recently refered to this thread over at Cigar Weekly. After one message, I'm suddenly an infamous villain it appears. I'll post something tomorrow responding to all the accusations and questions, but I thought you all might like to see what the terrible trio have been up to.

Cigar Weekly Infamous Thread

Enjoy, lemme know what you think...
Dave :sign:

those other boards can remind all of us how friendly CP is, really they can get pretty nasty. :lookup:

quit screwing with people Dave LMAO :D :D :D :D :D

Bwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!

Wow. CW is pretty nasty. I bet FT can give some good slashdot.org stories, but even they weren't as nasty as those threads were.

Glad I've never visited them.

JLew...SmokinTone...CW is a great forum.  We have several CP brothers that participate on that board and the thread links Dave and I posted were in reference to what had went on at CP before you guys joined us.  What has been happening over there as of late is a shame.  I feel bad for that forum...because it is getting trashed up much like CP did a couple months back.  I would highly recommend CW to both of you.  It's a great addition if at some point you want to get invovled in a different forum...just sit back and wait for the smoke to clear before you do. :D

Duffer

USA
6996 Posts

Jun 2000 Posted - 06/22/2002 :  10:17:10 PM      
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ok...i deleted a few posts...

next is lock down...

Like Dan has stated...be straight with us and we will too..

Henry and the few...you were asked to leave CP for reasons other than you stated...i know the real reason...if this keeps up...its going to happen here also...

I smoke in moderation.Only one cigar at a time-Mark Twain

Looks like the Trio's days at CW will be short lived. :p Bwaaaaaaahaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

I've been a member over at CW since 1998 when it first started and these threads are an exception to the rule over there. It is as civil as CP is. Those three idiots are pulling the same stuff over there as they did here, right down to using inappropriate language and issuing threats. :angry:

Unfortunately they are picking on the wrong folks over there. Their days are numbered over there also.

I bet FT can give some good slashdot.org stories
Well, it's hard to compare /. to either usenet or to a 'regular' web-based forum such as CP or CW because /. is a self-moderated forum. For those who don't know, here's how it works. Each post gets a score. If the poster was a /. member, the post starts out with a score of 1 or 2 depending on how 'good' of a poster posted it. If the poster isn't logged in (known as an Anonymous Coward or AC), it starts out at 0. From there certain randomly chosen members (moderators) get to grade the post up or down. Most posts stay right where they started out at, but if a particularly good comment is made it will get moderated up. And if an off-topic, trollish or flame-inducing post is made, it will (usually) get modded down. The max score is 5 and the min is -1. You can choose to filter posts that score below a certain number. For example, I always browse at +1 and sort by score so that I see the best posts first. This filters out all the crapflooding, goat sex links, ASCII art, penis birds, etc. Well, there's a lot more to it than that, but that's the basic idea. With such a large readership, there had to be a way to filter out as much of the noise as possible, and this system does a reasonable job.

While there are flamewars on slashdot, they are very short-lived. The /. readership are incredibly knowledgable about the topics that tend to get posted there and the readership is huge*. So there is very little tolerance for BS and people who don't know what they're talking about. For any given story, the odds are excellent that there is a /. reader who happens to be an expert on that particular subject. The rule I try to remember when posting on /. is that no matter what it is that I'm about to say, somebody there knows more about it than I do. If somebody starts spewing nonsense, they will get a) modded into oblivion or b) shouted down by people who know much more than the original poster or c) both. When people at /. break out the flamethrowers, somebody usually had it coming. So it's a little Darwinistic, but for the most part that's a Good Thing (tm) because the good comments survive while the bad ones hit the evolutionary scrap heap.

* The number of slashdot members is well over half a million. My member ID is over 20,000 and I'm considered one of the /. FOGs.

I got the last post in on this before they locked it. :sneaky:

Unbelievable...... ???

Looks like WileGuile was just banned there
Check it out

But the real reason for my post was to let you check out my latest post there. I tried to spell out what happened here with the terrible trio. I think I did a good job.
Check it out

If you wanted to see what a itty bitty little post from me can cause, Check it out here. It's pretty funny what reaction it got from them.

Dave ;)

CW is a good forum with some great members. However, much like what happened here a couple months ago, just happened at CW - with the same few members.

This further proves why those members were asked to leave, and then banned from CP. Nothing but trouble makers, and there's no room for people like that in forums like this.

Rod :sneaky:

Damn, Dave,,,we can't let you out for 5 min. without you stirring up SH!@ :D  :thumbs:

It just amazes me how some people can act. What a bunch of morons. You would think since cigar smokers are a minority group and most people do not like to be around us, we would stick together as mush as possible. I have been a member here for sometime now, but only recently started posting. I regret not posting here sooner, seems to me y'all is good people.

Well guys, I think I will stay out of this one. Well almost...

the rest was removed by me on 6/24/02 because it appears to have rufled some feathers.

PuroBrat said:
Well guys, I think I will stay out of this one. Well almost...

I have never had anything but friendly interactions with any of the Fantastic Trio to which you are referring. Not one single word of ill will in either direction, funny how civility is a two way street, huh?
if I got a box full Id say that too :sign:

the message was removed by me on 6/24/02 because it appears to have rufled some more feathers.

PuroBrat said:
I have never had anything but friendly interactions with any of the Fantastic Trio to which you are referring. Not one single word of ill will in either direction, funny how civility is a two way street, huh?
Fantastic??? ROTFLMFAO :p

Well civility is just fine and I'm sure it's much easier to obtain if you like the products that a "company rep" is pushing. It's hard to gain most peoples trust when it is obvious your front is a complete lie. That can cause civility to break down rather quick.

Not surprised, I really thought it was a matter of time. What a bunch of phony losers!

Good job, guys! Glad someone let the good folks over there know what the deal is with those three!

They got what was coming to 'em! :D

Leebo, no one had to go over there and say anything to anyone. Their BS caught up with them as most BS does. If I read the post correctly they lied about why they were asked to leave here. As soon as they are questioned they go on the attack, usually the behavior of someone trying to deflect the original questions. They were caught in a lie. There response was to attack others credibility..... I don't think it was hard for people to decide who had more credibility. They have made their own bed.

I agree with ya Kenny. I went back and read it again!

The funny thing is, that was a while ago and it puzzles me why they would continue to bring that mess up, let alone over on another board.

I guess what goes around, comes around.... ???