• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Check out what's going on at Cigar Weekly

Lars, Lars, Lars, Lars, LARS....L-A-R-R-R-R-S!

AAaaaaaaarg! Hack, Cough, cough, cough!

Lars, Henry, WileGuile, ENOUGH already...the room is spinning.

:sneaky:

PS: Lars Substitute/Recipe #1

1) Buy a box of Skoal or Copenhagen snuff...either is acceptable.

2) Get a brown paper bag, preferably from a grocery store...recycling is important you know.

3) Tear an @ 3"X4" piece from the paper bag.

4) Fold it into a "U" shape, holding it in your left hand.

5) With your right hand, fill the "U" evenly with the Skoal/Copenhagen snuff. (If you're left handed it it OK to switch hands, but don't switch back and forth once you get started....it confuses everyone! LMAO)

6) Carefully roll the brown paper until it forms a tube with the Skoal/Copenhagen in the middle of said roll.

7) Lick the paper where the end meets the cylinderical part and twist the loose ends, yes...both of them, to prevent the "premium tobacco" from escaping.

8) Mmmmm. Light up, sit back, and enjoy this ultra premium cigar smoking experience. Smile! It smells and tastes just like a Lars...and for a lot less money. Oh yes, it's M-U-C-H better than an Opus X, those over priced sticks made by novices, uh, the Fuente family. Lars Tetens...yeah, that's the ticket.

9) Now if you just had some Schlitz or some Mad Dog 20/20...life would be just about perfect wouldn't it?

10) America, Amer-i-ca, Got shed his light on theeeeee!
And crown thy good with brotherhood,
From Sea to shining sea. Sniff, sniff.

Sounds good Sam, except I think I'll smoke mine with Old English 800. :love: :)

Old English 800!

Premium Malt liquor to go with a premium Lars Cigar.

....yeah, I like it, I like it.

Seems like a match made in heaven!

:love:

Sam, never tried a roll your own like that. I have rolled my own...ummm...tobacco a time or two, but I prefer my Lars to come from the factory what makes em. I am sure they taste better than what you described (but I ain't gonna try yours to find out for sure)

BTW, I am really sorry you don't like them buddy, but....More for ME!!!

BBTW, Ever actually smoke one man?

Lordy! ROFLMAO

My recipe was a joke...just my imagination poking fun at this stinky brand. YUCK!

And YES, I have smoked one....threw the rest of the 5-pack in the trash can. Too many other GOOD gars in the humidor to put up with the Skoal aroma. Didn't like the taste one iota. Probably the only cigar that I haven't liked in at least some small measure. I guess they would be OK if you liked dipping snuff.  :thumbs:

More for you! Be my guest. I'm just not worthy of smoking a cigar this "good". ROFLMAO!  :lookup:

Is there anyone who will step up and simply state that constantly Bashing a brand of cigars might actually offend a CP brother??

I would not bash a brand that someone else found enjoyable. I consider that childish and uncalled for. I am offended by the never ending remarks on how BAD this cigar is. I happen to like them.

I was under the impression that this kind of thing did not happen in the CP Family, but I guess I was missinformed. I am saddened by that realization.

Hey Puro,

I'm sure it's just all in good fun. I like cigars that most of the folks here wouldn't touch. I happen to like Miami Suites Irish Cream (machine made and flavored!). Don't take it too serious. :) All in fun! :thumbs:

Now I'm sure I'm gonna hear how Miami Suites suck -- bring it on guys! :sneaky:

PB, I think you're taking this way out of content. No one is bashing you..... just poking fun at what (key word here) *most* aficionado's believe is not a true cigar. I believe most would say the same about flavored cigars too. *Most* of us express (key word here) *opinions* about this brand in question. Yes, *most* *opinions* are that these smokes are extremely fowl, myself included. Its not a personal attack on you..... ;)

Hey, some people like choc. ice cream and some like vanilla, just don't tell me you like black licorice..... ROFLMAO!

BTW... if this was a licorice forum I'd trash black licorice too but trust me, I would have no ill feelings for anyone that liked it. I'd just look at them funny and say ewwwwwwwwwww. :p :D

But you see Kenny, I am aware it is "all in fun" but there comes a point where the person who actually smokes that brand, will not be having fun anymore. I Know it isn't a personal attack. Hell, people like me, they just for some reason feel the need to bash my taste in cigars. Maybe my skin is kindof thin, but I just think that there has been enough Lars Bashing. After the Shill Trio were hung, I thought maybe the bashing would be over. It just seams very childish to me.

Rod, Miami Suites happen to be a favorite flavored smoke of mine as well, although I do prefer the Rum flavored. I hope the masses don't start bashing those too, I may have to start badmouthing Opus or VSG, boy howdy, would the sh*t hit the fan then.

Sam, no offence bro, I respect your taste in cigars, can you respect mine?

PuroBrat said:
I may have to start badmouthing Opus or VSG, boy howdy, would the sh*t hit the fan then.
:) Please, please, please...start trashing Opus and VSG's...that would make one less person pulling them out of a pass...so we all would win...except for you of course :p LMAO :p

I'm not sure you are getting my drift..... bash Opus and VSG's all you want if its how you feel. Hell, I'll even help you to some degree. I feel both of those cigars are great cigars but for the $$ they command? I can buy 2 other great cigars for that price.....kudos to their marketing dept. I use em for trade bait..... unless I'm around Pete.....then I mooch from his stash! ROFLMAO! :D

Relax..... its not about the cigars anyway! ;)

PB, why do you even care if most people on this board do not like LARS cigars?  

I just do not understand why you take this so personally. ???

I can see that nobody understands what I am trying to say, so how bout I just STFU. Bash away, I'll just avoid those threads, I suppose. ???

I'm with Devin. Why does it bother you? I'm sure a Lars Tetens cigar can be enjoyed by people, no one is questioning that. Hell, I've tried 'em, didn't like 'em particularly and won't endorse them for people to try. The main reason is because of the price. You have said your cigar budget is minimal, so why spend $20+ on a cigar that is not in your budget when you can get others that are better for a heck of a lot cheaper. No one is picking on you here, hell if we thought you were a Lar's lover we would have ran you off long ago. LMAO I'm just kidding Bro!! Roll with the punches Bro and have a good time, that's what it's all about! :)

Brother Matt, I am with you at this point. it's just an old topic, if you know what I mean. Actually, they are not in my budget at that price. I have an inside line to a Factory Rep (lol). But never the less, I agree fully and would prefer 20 connies to one $20 LT. But I fear that I may be the only one left here who actual likes the darn things. I guess I am feeling like the black sheep of the family :( It's all good tho, I wouldn't want to be the black sheep in any other family :D