• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Check your Credit Cards

grateful1

Oh My!
My CC company (Citib.) called and reissued a card. As near as I can tell, it does not have to do with cigar related purchases (though it may).

As I was on the phone with Citi, I mentioned to my club pro what had happend....he said his was hit yesterday with $2800 in charges DIFFERNT card than Citi and he does NOT smoke or buy cigars.
I am waiting for some paperwork to see if I can tell which merchant might be at issue.

Just a fyi!

That sucks, Gary. I hope its the only card affected.

edited for spelling

Good looking out. I get a call from the card company every time I make a purchase from an over seas company. :whistling:

I ahd the same thing. Citi sent out new cards and cancelled the old ones. Apparently there was a company that had all their numbers stolen from some laptop or something. The company owns TJ Maxx and some other clothing stores. I don't think I was affected but its nice to know they watch out for us.

I ahd the same thing. Citi sent out new cards and cancelled the old ones. Apparently there was a company that had all their numbers stolen from some laptop or something. The company owns TJ Maxx and some other clothing stores. I don't think I was affected but its nice to know they watch out for us.

The whole TJ Maxx thing happened early in 2006. Someone mentioned that the numbers are still floating around. Go figure. I'm just glad I got a phone call!!!

my only problem was also recent with citi.

I evidently donated money to some African AIDS research.

Its good to know I am a thoughtful and good person.

I get that now for all Oversea purchases with my Bank and its not Citi. They automatically flag everything as Fraud and I haven't bought anything overseas for a long time now. I've been wondering if it isn't Big Brother watching me now. :(

go to the bank and get a $XXX.XXX dollar gift visa card

go to the bank and get a $XXX.XXX dollar gift visa card

Nice!!!!

The good part is that my CC has always called when I'm either out of state....numerous quick purchases....or large ones - I'm grateful for that fact!

When fraud prevention goes bad

Snopes

I hear ya...that's why I asked HER to read of the most recent charges to my account. :D

If it were some one OTHER THAN the CC company, they would not have this info...and if they did, then they already were into my account and not just the CC number.

I also went on-line and changed my login password. Thanks for the linky!