• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Chicago White Sox

Let's go White Sox.

I was at the game yesterday and almot lost it when the White Sox performed a Suicide Squeeze to perfection! Ozzie actully had the balls to change up the lineup. Lets hope they continue to manufacture runs instead of always slugging for the fences.!

I was able to watch the Twins game today at work. I would think work would block it, but they did not.
Actually, it was the ESPN live action pop-up, not television or radio. :laugh:

If you get a chance, go to espn and you should see on the front page an article about the Cubbies. Lost 7 of past 8 or something like that. OUCH! ???

Other highlights.
Twins lost in 10. :thumbs: Now win one White Sox!!!

I was raised in Winfield IL, and went to many Sox and Cub games,but I prefer the White Sox.

Well, the Sox lost today... :( BUT so did the Twins. :D

Meanwhile, the Astros won and the Brewers LOST so the Astros are only three out in the NL Wild Card. :0 Cubs are in town but Friday and Saturday's games are both canceled due to the hurricane. Alex, I hear ya on the suicide squeeze, the Astros with Oswalt batting pulled one off tonight and I was jumping up and down screaming! :laugh: It was the first one I've even see them attempt this year and I've watched a majority of their games.

LilBastage summed up the Twins situation pretty well, their schedule is tougher than the Sox which is the main reason I think the Twins won't pull it off. Same with the Astros, their schedule is nice while the Brewers is rough. I don't wanna shoot my mouth off about the Astros but I will enjoy every remaining game of this season even if they don't make the Wild Card. Lee, Wiggington, Matsui and Wandy Rodriguez are all out with injuries, Berkman hasn't been doing much but darn near everyone else has been outstanding, they've won 14 of their last 15. :thumbs:

Let's go White Sox.

I was at the game yesterday and almot lost it when the White Sox performed a Suicide Squeeze to perfection! Ozzie actully had the balls to change up the lineup. Lets hope they continue to manufacture runs instead of always slugging for the fences.!

The Sox are something like 8-32 when they don't hit a homer in a game. Even though I'm a Twins fan, I still like Ozzie, he's got huevos and is not afraid to try something like this. Gardenhire rarely goes against the norm.

Twins win the division by a game.

Twins 91-71

Sox 90- 72

Go Twins :thumbs:

08F.jpg

Well a tough loss last night but then again the Twins lost too. So the Magic Number is 9. At least we have a weekend with KC to look forward to and the Twins have a nice 4 game series with the Rays. This has the potential to be a great weekend for us Sox Fans.

Sox Win!!! :thumbs:

Twins win the division by a game.

Twins 91-71

Sox 90- 72

Go Twins :thumbs:

Twins 88-75

Sox 89-74

Close - but no cigar!!!! :laugh:

Go Sox!!! :thumbs:

Yeah, Yeah.

Twins ran out of gas......to young to turn it on when they needed it.

Enjoy the post season.

Sox still SUCK! (jk ;) )

All I know is Cubs Sox pandemonium may cause a war, and I may have to leave the city for awhile, or just hide in my local B&M (even though it's close enough to Wrigley) and I live in Wrigleyville (Cubs hell), but I'm a Sox fan!

Well, the Sox had a very good year and so did the Twins. :thumbs:

At least neither of them are going to lose quite a few players to free agency like the Angels will next year. :laugh:

At least neither of them are going to lose quite a few players to free agency like the Angels will next year. :laugh:

We'll see. The Twins need to add some power in the lineup so we might be giving up a player or two. Then again the way the Pohlad's run the team we may be able to keep everyone making the league minimum and find someone on the trash heap.

Neither team was expected to finish where they did, so I agree that they were good years. :thumbs:

The Yankees have a few decisions to make as well. How much more will they overspend to win in their new ballpark? :sign: