• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Chicken breasts

At home, I'll put em in the oven under the broiler for color, usually. I was thinking more camping (glamping) where I finish over the campfire, since it's going anyhow.

Blowtorch is a good idea, though. I need to acquire one. Open flame or one of those searzall type things?

I use a MAP torch from the hardware store (it has less gas flavor than a propane torch). I normally flip my cast iron skillet over and put whatever I'm torching on the bottom of it and then go to work. It's pretty easy to control the effects.

This. Flattened isn't as juicy.

On a charcoal grill, just scoop all the briquets to one side once they're ready, and cook the breasts on the side they're NOT on, with the thick end toward the coals.
I also like to cut diagonal slits across each breast & stuff them with things like prosciutto & Swiss or tomato, fresh mozz & basil, but you won't be able to flip them so the indirect coals method is the ONLY way to do it on a grill. Usually I just go with the oven for those.

~Boar
Indirect cooking is a great idea. I don’t know why I didn’t try that already.

I usually have my charcoal centered and I sear on both sides, then leave the thick end on the edge of my coals, leaving the thinner portion on the outside. If they're super thick, I butterfly. Great results.

Doing some breasts on the smoker tonight. We didn't use to do a lot of chicken breast, we prefer thighs. But on the smoker they stay very moist and flavorful, completely changed our minds about them.

Doing some breasts on the smoker tonight. We didn't use to do a lot of chicken breast, we prefer thighs. But on the smoker they stay very moist and flavorful, completely changed our minds about them.

I do bone-in breasts on the smoker, if you can find them. They stay much juicer than regular boneless breasts.