• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ChiTown Bound!

If you're up for a smoke night of the 18th, let me know. I fly out on the 19th.

I am attending a big dinner party at Catch 35 the 18th until late but the good news I have Arizona as part of my territory and I will be in Tucson. I will shoot you a PM when I go next month.

We decide on a location yet?

I have no wheels and am pretty savvy at getting around with public transportation. I might go with Brian to this music thing........depends on time.

Charlie we can work out travel details. By the way are staying downtown or near O"Hare?

If you are staying downtown, we can head to Blue Havana, which is open til 10 pm and would be fairly close to Martyrs. Another option for a shop that is open later is Tesa Cigars. They are open til 11 I think. Its at Halsted and Grand. A friend of mine said it is a nice shop.

If you are staying by OHare, then I think there are several options, but I am not sure how late they are open. 8 pm is probably typical, which is fine by me since I have to head into the city later. I have been to 8 to 8 in Villa Park with Claudio, and it's a nice shop. Otherwise, I will have to defer to others on a shop selection. The closest shop to me is in Arlington Heights.

Thoughts?

Where are we meeting? I can take public transportation........pick a shop!! Someone sack up (sorry Claudio)

I stole these from the recent siriusstoogie thread!!

Tesa Cigar Co.
8 to 8
The Humidor in Westmont

I am flexible. It seems that meeting in the burbs makes the most sense. What is most centrally located for everyone? I am coming from Mount Prospect.

I'm with Brian, let us know where you're staying and we'll go from there. There's virtually no traffic on a Saturday before 5pm heading into the city, so burbs or city, any will be easy.

If it's the burbs and you're close to O'Hare, let's do 8 to 8, I can pick you up. If you're in the City, then Blue Havana or TESA are great. We were at Tesa last week and it was a good time, BYOB (I brought a whole cooler) and right off the Blue Line Subway.

Brian, what do you think, charlie is in the City; I'd be coming from Fox River Grove, so it's a haul to the city, but on a weekend not bad at all. I'd be willing to carpool too if that helps.

If we were going to do the burbs, The Humidor in Westmont is close enough to the Westmont train station (1.5 miles), and that train leaves from Union Station on a saturday on the 30's. Similar situation with 8 to 8 Tobacco, 1 mile from Villa Park train station with trains leaving from Ogilvie Transportation Center on the 40's, except 3:40 (so 2:40, 4:40, 5:40).

I'm down with either way. When Charlie gets off may also effect where we want to hang, because say we want to do the burbs, he get's done just after 2:30, then either he catches a 3:30 to Westmont, or has to wait until 4:40 for Villa Park. That's a good hour of smoking and drinking lost. So maybe if we choose the burbs we play it by ear that day.

I am completely flexible. I am going to end up in the city that night, and I am going to drag Charlie with me, so meeting in the city is fine with me and probably preferable. At the same time, I don't want make people drive into the city if they don't want to. I agree with the lost time you are talking about. In terms of carpooling, could I ride in with you? Then I could just meet up with my wife later.

Opinions from any other interested parties?

Carpooling would be fine, let's hear what others think on location. Claudio, Kristin?

I think Claudio is coming back from DR the same day so I would not count on him. As for me, wherever is fine. The event is done at 12:30 and add in some breakdown time and we are looking at 3-4 PM maybe earlier. Just tell me where to go and I will get there.

I think Claudio is coming back from DR the same day so I would not count on him. As for me, wherever is fine. The event is done at 12:30 and add in some breakdown time and we are looking at 3-4 PM maybe earlier. Just tell me where to go and I will get there.

Sorry to say you are correct. Have a great time where ever you guys wind up.
thumbs-up.gif

There is a new place in Schaumburg called the Cigar Lounge by Woodfield Mall.

That'd be fun to check out, but it is hard to get to from the city for Charlie. If we meet in the city, I'll probably be meeting Giese for a late morning smoke so if anybody wanted to come for that (it'd probably be Kenny the King's). If we meet at 8 to 8, we may get Giese out to visit all of us.

Alright, after talking things over with Brian, we think Tesa would be best as far as time is concerned, i.e. most smokes and most time to BS. I'd have no problem carpooling from the burbs. I'll probably be picking up Brian, Kristin, you want to ride with us? We plan on heading down so we can be at Tesa by 3 o'clock.

Charlie, TESA is off the blue line, the Grand Ave. Stop.

Brian is going to ride the blue line in, but if anybody from the NW burbs wants a ride in, I'd be happy to pick them up.

BTW, I'll be the guy with the cooler and well, the same exact coat as my profile pic.

Had an awesome time meeting Charlie, Brian and Brian's friend Paul. Thanks so much for the cigars guys and look forward to hanging out with you guys again: Charlie whenever you're back in town and Brian, whenever you've got the time off from taking care of the family.