• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Choosing a wedding cigar

NorCalCigarLover

The Wine Guy
As some of you may already know I'm getting married at the end of May. This is a second marriage for both of us so we're not making it a large event nor a formal event. The ceremony and reception are being held at a friends winery who has pretty much giving us the run of the facilities. My Fiancee loved the place because it has a great outdoor patio for smoking cigars :thumbs: .

I've been trying to select a nice cigar to share with friends and family. Maybe some Monticristo #2's, maybe some SC El Principe's, maybe some AF Cuban Belicoso's. I was originally planning on bringing a couple boxes of the same brand but then started to think that maybe a selection would be better. What do you guys think?

:cool:

I like the idea of a box or two of the same thing. That way you could all smoke them together and compare the tastes, etc. Then again, variety is always good. :cool:

First off - Congrats.

If this were me...

I would take a box of mild smokes for the folks who don't normally smoke and just want to join in. No sense wasting a nice stick on someone taking a puff or two and that's the end of it.

Then I would have a box of 'better' ;) stuff for those that really enjoy the hobby.

Just my $.02, and remember... YMMV :D

Check with the (soon to be) wife first, you might as well start getting used to it now. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

My wedding I'm having two or three boxes of DCM toro #4's to the groom's list of "must haves".

Congratulations.

Where's the party? I thought CA was a totally non-smoking in "public places". :0

Congratulations on the upcoming nuptials! I would think you may want to have some of the Drew flavored cigars for the ladies, that way everyone can enjoy.

Where's the party? I thought CA was a totally non-smoking in "public places". :0

A friends winery out in the boonies and the building is in a separate location from the tasting room :cool:

You know, I learned for a brudda on the board that handing out Fumas is a great idea. they are a real cigar, and what if they don't like it, you are out 2 bucks. plus they come in boxes of 50!

Since I'm not serving "2-Buck Chuck" but premium wines that are selected to pair perfectly with the menu I think it would be better to go with a higher quality cigar selection as well.

One of the things I get the most enjoyment from is sharing with friends and family something that is a cut above from what they are used to enjoying. Not necessarily more expensive, because I don't believe that better quality always comes with a higher price, but is a high quality item that may be overlooked by many. Especially when they think that what they've been enjoying, for as long as they can remember, is the "best thing out there". I can't tell you how many times I've served a food, wine, or cigar, where the first thing out their mouth is "this is the best I've EVER had!". That is truly enjoyable to me.

That's a great way to look at it.

Like others have said, I'd recommend a milder smoke for the folks who don't want to lose that nice dinner they just enjoyed. And as everyone knows, there are plenty of really good cigars that are mild, so you don't necessarily have to feel like you're serving up sub-standard fare to the non-smokers-but-wanna-tryers out there.

I think I just made up a new word.

Congratulations, Bring enough for you and swisser sweets for the mooching guests :D

It's your wedding damn it! Match the cigars with the wine, premium wine...premium cigars. After all we only have one or two or so wedding nights in our lives. And each one should be better than the last, another night to remember. :laugh:

lucasbuck said:
Maybe Trini Reyes. Not too strong and not too big, but very tasty :)
[snapback]179407[/snapback]​

Have a box of these starin at me right now and they're lookin tasty!
Plus, comes in a box of 12 so you can always get something else as well.

:thumbs:

Congrats on the marriage!

NorCalCigarLover said:
Where's the party?  I thought CA was a totally non-smoking in "public places". :0

A friends winery out in the boonies and the building is in a separate location from the tasting room :cool:

[snapback]179446[/snapback]​

Nice that they were able to accommodate your party. Are you going to post party pics?

COngrats on the pending nuptials! May you have many years of happiness. :D

As for the smokes, I say keep a "special" one for you and the best man, and then match the rest to the dinner, taste of the smokers, etc.

I got burned by a guy I "thought" smoked on a regular basis and I "thought" he knew what he was taking. He wound up smoking half of it and put it into the ash tray. Said it wasn't his kind of smoke! :angry: It was a freakin' Cuban Davidoff! Damn, was I mad! :angry: :angry:

Not to thread jack, buy what you want a let 'em smoke 'em! Enjoy the evening above all else!!! ;)

Floyd T. :sign:

SKYDIVNEKD said:
COngrats on the pending nuptials! May you have many years of happiness. :D

I got burned by a guy I "thought" smoked on a regular basis and I "thought" he knew what he was taking. He wound up smoking half of it and put it into the ash tray. Said it wasn't his kind of smoke! :angry: It was a freakin' Cuban Davidoff! Damn, was I mad! :angry: :angry:

Floyd T. :sign:
[snapback]179564[/snapback]​

You are right. Some people get going on a cigar that is very special for those of us who really like to smoke cigars and then they start drinking too much and don't pay attention to the cigar and really don't appreciate it and we get offended. This has happended too many times to me, thankfully it wasn't with Cuban Davidoff's, that really would have got me going.