• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Choosing the proper Padron cigar

Cards&Gars

"Kellito"
Fellow BOTLs…

Only four more days until the Padron cigar dinner… open bar hour, Delmonico steak, wine, apple jack -- all with Jorge Padron himself. I am really looking forward to it.

I got to thinking the other day about what cigars to bring. Hmmmm… conundrum.

They will be passing out three Padron cigars, but I kinda want to save them for later. So, I figured I would bring my own. But what to bring?

I am thinking I should only bring Padron cigars to the event, but again, what to bring?
If you could only smoke Padron cigars, what would you smoke? I am not a very experience Padron smoker, so I am looking for some “suggestions” for gars: Before, During, and After dinner.

C&G…giddy as a little school girl.

<picture this: Milwaukee's Best Light can falls from sky…crushes C&G>

you really cant go wrong here. if it were me..id bring a 1964 principe, just to have something small for inbetween. then i would bring a bigger '64 like a pyramide or a diplomatico. then a good size 1926 like a #9 or #2.

You will have a great time!! Take the cigars that you love to smoke even if they are not Padron. It's amazing the knowledge you will gain with either a nice selection of Padron or your favs.. ENJOY! :D

I would take the 1964 Principe (natural) for before dinner and and a Diplomatico (maduro) for after. I was not that impressed with the 1926, but I love any 1964.

Been smokin a lot of the '64 Anny Exclusivo. This is a wonderful cigar. If I had to use one word to describe it, it would be "elegant". Takes me about 1 1/2 hours to smoke. It's a perfect size in my opinion. Aw hell... I'd bring a handful of 2000 maddies as well... :whistling:

mac

One rarely hears mention of them, but the 6000 maduro... That size, IMO, brings out all the best of Padron's regular line.

Try a Padron Magnum (50 X 9"). It'll last a while and you can save the freebies.

Aww yeah. Great picks there. Aniversario Principe natural for the starter. 6000 maduro for the appetizer. Aniversario Exclusivo Maduro for the main course. 40th Anniversary for the closer. :D

Have a great time, C&G!

Wilkey

there is always the millenium as well, and i am sure the people at the part will enjoy that and never forget it.

Start off with a '26 #2 maddie, then go to a '26 #35 maddie for in between, then finish the night with a 40th anni maddie. Damn, that would be a good night!

BOTLs,

I would like to thank everyone for their input. They are all really great suggestions with the '64s and '26s being mentioned the most. I did put in a pre-order for a box of #6 1926 (I am a sucker for a robusto), so it will be ready when I arrive to the dinner.

Thank you all for your suggestions!

C&G... Smokin' waaaay more than I should!