• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Aficionado's list of the best cigars of '08

Wyatt it's not like the Padron 80th is THAT good! :whistling:

:laugh:

Wyatt it's not like the Padron 80th is THAT good! :whistling:

Hey, if these taste as good as an 80th for a fifth of the price.....I'll be a happy man.

Order placed...along with some other extras...thanks Isy.

I've had a few of the Casa Magnas, this exact size, and I have to say it was just good...not great...not spectacular....not number 1! Of course, everyone I had was overfilled and had a tight draw that produced little smoke AND required way too much effort to smoke.

I guess I'll have to revisit this one again.

But seriously, No.1? How can a 96pt cigar come in 2nd, and a 93pt cigar come in first, when it's a "blind" tasting??? Price should have no bearing in this rating if it's truly blind (which it's really not considering a seasoned smoker can tell cigars from eachother without bands).

Just my .02.

BTW, thanks for the contest.

Based on the top 25 list my taste must be way off - Not one Cohiba, Trini, Partagas or Opus to be seen.

I am assuming the OpusX Double Robusto they tried this year will be in the top 25

In the videos talking about how they rated them, it does state that they take price into consideration. Not sure if this is a change from their normal procedures or what but it does state that.

One of these was gifted to me from the B&M i go to about 6 months ago. I had already been wrung up and he said that it was a new release and that I "had to try it". They are good smokes for sure. I don't think I would say the best but for the price they are outstanding.

Just my $0.02

I found this on line.

The Casa Magna line of cigars is the apotheosis of two of the greatest minds in the cigar industry and the Robusto was voted the #1 Cigar of the year in 2008 by Cigar Aficionado. Manuel Quesada and Nestor Plascencia have created this cigar to replace the Joya de Nicaragua Antaño 1970. The Casa Magna Robusto was rated a 92 in Cigar Insider. This Nicaraguan puro is a medium-full bodied joy to smoke. Casa Magna is rolled in Nestor Plascencia's Segovia factory in Esteli, Nicaragua. The oily Colorado wrapper finishes off the Nicaraguan binder and filler exquisitely. Hints of cocoa, coffee, and sweet cedar are presented by this very smooth smoke. Available in Belicoso, Gran Toro, Robusto, and Torito sizes the Casa Magna is a must try cigar.

I'll have to see the new CA to see how much advertising for this cigar there is. CA has a history of picking the cigar that bought the most pages. :laugh: