Cigar bands

Miami Matt

Guys what are the best options for blank cigar bands? I've never used them but I am losing track of some cigars and want to start. I wouldn't need a lot so something that can be purchased in small quantities...

Of course I searched the forum before asking but mostly came up with Bob's which don't seem to be available anymore, and advise on what not to buy...

Thanks!

Miami Matt

Thanks! I guess my main concern is the adhesive affecting the taste eventually. Using a label maker you are keeping it in contact with the cigars band and not the cigar?

drunkfish3

Yep, I just use what I have on my desk at work. Print the bands off and cut them out. Take a piece of tape and typically cut it in half/or smaller and use just enough to adhere the band to itself. It's a little tedious, but I enjoy doing it, for some reason.
lol sounds like it thanks

drunkfish3

If you're good at Excel or Word, you could always just create a template. Change it up per the cigar you're banding, then print/cut/tape. It's not really that bad, I find it much easier to do and to read, then hand writing them.
yeah my handwriting is horrible so that is my plan. It so bad i can't read it. lol

golfgar

Bueller.... Bueller...... Anyone....... Anyone?
I use a labeler and yes only keep the label in contact with the band and you can cut the label to a size that fits, easy and pretty painless. For band-less cigars you can use a sleeve(s) or some of the available labels as they are not the best to write on IMHO. Have never tried the printer sheet bands but I've seen them around.