• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar bands

Miami Matt

Guys what are the best options for blank cigar bands? I've never used them but I am losing track of some cigars and want to start. I wouldn't need a lot so something that can be purchased in small quantities...

Of course I searched the forum before asking but mostly came up with Bob's which don't seem to be available anymore, and advise on what not to buy...

Thanks!

Thanks! I guess my main concern is the adhesive affecting the taste eventually. Using a label maker you are keeping it in contact with the cigars band and not the cigar?

I just print things off the printer and cut/tape on the cigar. As long as the label you put on, is attached to itself and not the tobacco leaf, you should be fine.

Gotcha, that sounds like the easy approach. No ill effects from the tape I guess?
Thanks!

Do you just use regular tape?

Yep, I just use what I have on my desk at work. Print the bands off and cut them out. Take a piece of tape and typically cut it in half/or smaller and use just enough to adhere the band to itself. It's a little tedious, but I enjoy doing it, for some reason.

Yep, I just use what I have on my desk at work. Print the bands off and cut them out. Take a piece of tape and typically cut it in half/or smaller and use just enough to adhere the band to itself. It's a little tedious, but I enjoy doing it, for some reason.
lol sounds like it thanks

lol sounds like it thanks

If you're good at Excel or Word, you could always just create a template. Change it up per the cigar you're banding, then print/cut/tape. It's not really that bad, I find it much easier to do and to read, then hand writing them.

If you're good at Excel or Word, you could always just create a template. Change it up per the cigar you're banding, then print/cut/tape. It's not really that bad, I find it much easier to do and to read, then hand writing them.
yeah my handwriting is horrible so that is my plan. It so bad i can't read it. lol

I use a labeler and yes only keep the label in contact with the band and you can cut the label to a size that fits, easy and pretty painless. For band-less cigars you can use a sleeve(s) or some of the available labels as they are not the best to write on IMHO. Have never tried the printer sheet bands but I've seen them around.