• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Bans

Here's what I say.

No Government required Smoking bans. Business owners choose first... then patrons choose where they want to go.

Look guys... Everyone knows that cigarettes are great for your sex life. All the bad girls smoke. A higher percentage of one night stands are initiated where smoking is allowed and welcomed. Ex: You can't smoke in Church. How many one night stands originate from Church? If you ban cigarettes... or ban smoking in public places... there will no longer be bad girls. If there happen to still be bad girls, you won't be able to identify them. Hence... no sex life for you. Get it? Can I get an Amen?

SD_Stack said:
How many one night stands originate from Church?
Guess you weren't brought up in catholic school, eh? If you think bad girls don't hang out in church... think again...

Can I get an Amen?
AMEN!! :D

AMEN to SD_Stack.

There is absolutely no reason to ban an otherwise legal behavior in a setting where the participants are willing. There are obviously health issues involved, as there are in any activity. But to restrict persons from assembling is counter to everything I've learned about living in a "free" society.

I make no distinction between cigarettes and cigars. I prefer the latter, but I would never want to restrict one right to indulge in either in a setting where that behavior is accepted or anticipated.

A patron or prospective employee should avoid a smoking establishment in the same way an agoraphobic should avoid the superbowl. If there are activities expected that you have a problem with, don't go there. The sole entity that should restrict any legal behavior is the proprietor of an establishment.

What worries me most is that if this practice of "bans" becomes accepted, then it will be very easy for authorities to prohibit smoking in groups in a domocile, as smokers move underground. Prohibition looms closer as the anti-smoking crowd gains political steam.

It all drives me nuts. I need a cigar.